GAC Mitsubishi Motors Co., Ltd., a Joint Venture of Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., Ltd., Mitsubishi Motors Corporation and Mitsubishi Corporation, Commences Operation
TOKYO, Oct 12, 2012 - (ACN Newswire) - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) and Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) are pleased to announce the commencement of operations of GAC Mitsubishi Motors Co., Ltd. (GMMC) in Changsha, Hunan Province, China.
GMMC will produce and sell MMC cars in China. Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., Ltd. (GAC), MMC and MC will respectively hold 50%, 33% and 17% shares in GMMC.
In 2009, Hunan Changfeng Motor Co., Ltd. (CFA) became an affiliate of GAC, as GAC Changfeng Motor Co. Ltd. (GACCF). GAC acquired GACCF this year, and today GAC, MMC and MC have joined forces to form GMMC, a new joint venture.
GMMC inherits the factory (Xing Sha Factory), supply-chain, distribution channel and marketing know-how available from GACCF.
GMMC will commence the production of the 2013 ASX compact SUV from late October. To respond to the highly growing demand for SUVs in the Chinese automobile market, GMMC also plans to add another production model to its portfolio, the genuine off-road SUV Pajero Sport.
GMMC will cater to the diversified needs of the largest automobile market in the world by continuously offering Chinese consumers with attractive vehicles; including but not limited to SUVs.
1. Company Name: GAC Mitsubishi Motors Co., Ltd.
2. Head Office: Changsha, Hunan, China
3. Established: September 25, 2012
4. Start of Business: September 25, 2012
5. Capital: CNY 1.7 billion (GAC: 50%, MMC: 33%, MC: 17%)
6. Corporate Officers: Zhang Fangyou, Chairman
Daisuke Tatsumi, President
7. Employees: approximately 1,300 (as of September, 2012)
8. Sales Outlets: 60 (as of September, 2012)
9. Production Capacity: 50,000 units/year (as of September, 2012)
10. Models Produced: ASX, Pajero (V73)
1. Company Name: Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., Ltd
2. Head Office: Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
3. Established: June 2005
4. Capital: CNY 6.435 billion
5. Scope of Business: Production and sales of automobiles, engines,
and other automobile parts
6. Revenue: CNY 10.984 billion (year ended December 31, 2011)
1. Company Name: Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
2. Head Office: Shiba 5-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
3. Established: April, 1970
4. Capital: JPY 657 billion (as of March 31, 2012)
5. Revenue: JPY 1,807 billion (year ended March 31, 2012)
1. Company Name: Mitsubishi Corporation
2. Head Office: Marunouchi 2-Chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan
3. Established: April, 1950
4. Capital: JPY 204 billion (as of March 31, 2012)
5. Revenue: JPY 20,126 billion (year ended March 31, 2012)
About Mitsubishi Motors
MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION is a global automobile company based in Tokyo, Japan, which has a competitive edge in SUVs and pickup trucks, electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. Since the Mitsubishi group produced its first car more than a century ago, we have demonstrated an ambitious and often disruptive approach, developing new vehicle genres and pioneering cutting-edge technologies. Deeply rooted in MITSUBISHI MOTORS' DNA, our brand strategy will appeal to ambitious drivers, willing to challenge conventional wisdom and ready to embrace change. Consistent with this mindset, MITSUBISHI MOTORS introduced its new brand strategy in 2017, expressed in its "Drive your Ambition" tagline - a combination of personal drive and forward attitude, and a reflection of the constant dialogue between the brand and its customers. Today MITSUBISHI MOTORS is committed to continuous investment in innovative new technologies, attractive design and product development, bringing exciting and authentic new vehicles to customers around the world.
Public Relations Department
Source: Mitsubishi Motors
Sectors: Daily Finance, Automotive
Copyright ©2020 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.