CONNECT WITH US:
Nov, 09 2018 16:00 JST
MobiCom and XacBank launch the Candy Payment Card
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, Nov, 09 2018 - (ACN Newswire) - On October 1, 2018, KDDI CORPORATION subsidiary MobiCom Corporation LLC announced at ICT EXPO held in Ulaanbaatar that it has launched the "Candy" Payment Card in partnership with major Mongolian bank XacBank.
MobiCom and XacBank concluded a partnership agreement in September 2017, in which XacBank would issue debit cards designed for MobiCom's Candy e-money which rewards customers with Candy cash-back worth 1% of the value of each purchase.
The Candy e-money service offers Candy cash-back reward when the card is used to pay for MobiCom services and purchases at Candy companies. Each Candy is worth 1 Mongolian tugrug (MNT), and can be used to pay for MobiCom services or purchases at more than 4,500 Candy merchants' online & offline shops.
In March 2018, MobiCom introduced Candy Pay, a prepaid e-money service that provides users with easy access to their Candy account through a smartphone app. Candy Pay users can use the app at merchant eco-system within Mongolia, and use QR codes for payments as well. These and other features have attracted interests from the FinTech field.
Through its latest partnership with XacBank, MobiCom will continue to improve its services while also keeping an eye out for opportunities to provide new telecoms and financial services. This is how MobiCom contributes to development in Mongolia.
MobiCom is a total telecommunications service provider, supplying mobile, fixed line and satellite communication services in addition to a wide range of ICT services, and holds the largest market share of Mongolia's mobile subscribers.
KDDI has invested in MobiCom from its founding in 1995, making ongoing contributions to development of Mongolia's communications industry. KDDI will apply its accumulated worldwide knowledge and experience to continue powering the growth of MobiCom and Mongolia's telecommunications environment.
- Nov 1995 KDDI, Sumitomo Corporation and Newcom LLC enter the Mongolian market, establishing a joint telecommunications venture
- Mar 1996 Launched 2G GSM service
- Mar 2009 Launched 3G W-CDMA service
- 2011 Obtained ISO 9001 quality management system certification
- 2012 Obtained ISO 27001 information security management certification
- Aug 2014 Launched Candy Point Program
- Mar 2016 KDDI consolidated MobiCom
- May 2016 Launched 4G LTE high-speed data communication service in Ulaanbaatar
- Dec 2016 Launched Candy e-money service
- Mar 2017 Launched Candy Message Loan service
- Jul 2017 Obtained Mongolia's first international standard OHSAS18001 certification for implementation and operation of (MobiCom's) Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- Nov 2017 Introduced Mongolia's first carrier aggregation in 4G LTE
- Dec 2017 Received the Grand Prix at the "Entrepreneur Awards"
- Mar 2018 Honored by the Mongolian National Chamber of Commerce and Industry with the Chamber's Silk Road Award in the Best Socially Responsible Company category.
- Sep 2018 Mutually connected with the KHUR Mongolian national population database, enabling simplified contractual agreements using fingerprint verification.
1. "FinTech" combines the meanings of "finance" and "technology" in reference to the application of state-of-the-art IT to innovative financial services and activities designed to create and explore new services.
2. Latest data, as of December 2017.
*This press release is an abridged translation of the press release announced in Japan.
Source: KDDI CORPORATION
Sectors: Telecoms, Cards/Payments, Security/Biometrics, Mobility/Wireless, Local Business
Copyright ©2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
At the ICT Expo on October 1, 2018: XacBank CEO Boldoo Magvan (2nd from left) and MobiCom CEO Tatsuya Hamada (3rd from left).
The Candy-XacBank Debit Card
Related Press Release
KDDI announces KDDI GX Platform
January 28 2019 10:00 JST
MobiCom simplifies contracts in Mongolia with fingerprint authentication
September 13 2018 16:00 JST
TRIBRID Project registered as official JCM Project in Indonesia
July 16 2018 17:00 JST
TRIBRID Project registered as a JCM Project in Indonesia
July 11 2018 10:00 JST
KDDI Brings Japanese Telecoms Technology & Know-how to Myanmar
July 05 2018 06:00 JST
KDDI Subsidiaries to market UiPath RPA Platform in Asia
June 11 2018 17:00 JST
KDDI Singapore, FLECT offer Cariot real-time vehicle management in Southeast Asia, Middle East
June 11 2018 17:00 JST
KDDI Vietnam, DEEP C to offer Country's First Smart Metering System in Industrial Zone
May 29 2018 16:00 JST
More Press release >>
Latest Press Release
Toyota Provides Diverse Mobility for Tokyo 2020, including a Full Line-up of Electrified Vehicles
Aug 23, 2019 16:58 JST
NEC Receives Order for Intelligent Transportation System in Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Aug 23, 2019 11:42 JST
MHI to Exhibit at the Japan-Africa Business Expo during TICAD7
Aug 22, 2019 14:20 JST
Fujitsu and Qualcomm Complete 5G Data Calls in Sub-6 GHz and mmWave Spectrum Bands
Aug 22, 2019 11:13 JST
NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems
Aug 21, 2019 11:24 JST
NEC to Install More than 20MW of Municipal Energy Storage Projects in New England
Aug 21, 2019 11:01 JST
Fernando Alonso Keeps an Eye on Dakar with TOYOTA GAZOO Racing
Aug 20, 2019 17:06 JST
MHIEC Receives Order to Refurbish the Hiroshima Naka Waste to Energy Plant
Aug 20, 2019 11:10 JST
New Combustor Center for Manufacturing Aero Engine Parts to be Established within MHI's Nagasaki Shipyard & Machinery Works
Aug 19, 2019 12:49 JST
Toyota Yaris WRC Ready to Master the Varied Roads of Germany
Aug 16, 2019 20:13 JST
Fujitsu Develops AI Disaster Mitigation Technology to Predict River Flooding with Limited Data
Aug 16, 2019 14:15 JST
ULVAC Launches Revolutionary PZT Piezoelectric Thin-film Process Technology and HVM Solution for MEMS Sensors/Actuators
Aug 16, 2019 14:00 JST
Honda Announces Changes in Production Operations in Argentina
Aug 14, 2019 09:04 JST
The HondaJet is the Most Delivered Aircraft in its Class for the First Half of 2019
Aug 13, 2019 10:47 JST
Notice of Signing Basic Agreements for Airport Operation of the Seven Airports in Hokkaido
Aug 09, 2019 17:05 JST
MHI Developing the QoEn Index for Energy Infrastructure to Support the Sustainable Growth of Society
Aug 09, 2019 14:04 JST
Fujitsu Initiates Year-Round Recruitment
Aug 09, 2019 11:27 JST
Mitsubishi Motors to Introduce its Customers to a New Energy Plan by MC Retail Energy
Aug 08, 2019 19:20 JST
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Joins Google Cloud Partner Program
Aug 08, 2019 09:00 JST
SDK Revises 2019 Consolidated Performance Forecast
Aug 07, 2019 16:05 JST
More Latest Release >>