CONNECT WITH US:
Nov, 09 2018 16:00 JST
MobiCom and XacBank launch the "Candy" Payment Card
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, Nov, 09 2018 - (ACN Newswire) - On October 1, 2018, KDDI CORPORATION subsidiary MobiCom Corporation LLC announced at ICT EXPO held in Ulaanbaatar that it has launched the "Candy" Payment Card in partnership with major Mongolian bank XacBank.
MobiCom and XacBank concluded a partnership agreement in September 2017, in which XacBank would issue debit cards designed for MobiCom's Candy e-money which rewards customers with Candy cash-back worth 1% of the value of each purchase.
The Candy e-money service offers Candy cash-back reward when the card is used to pay for MobiCom services and purchases at Candy companies. Each Candy is worth 1 Mongolian tugrug (MNT), and can be used to pay for MobiCom services or purchases at more than 4,500 Candy merchants' online & offline shops.
In March 2018, MobiCom introduced Candy Pay, a prepaid e-money service that provides users with easy access to their Candy account through a smartphone app. Candy Pay users can use the app at merchant eco-system within Mongolia, and use QR codes for payments as well. These and other features have attracted interests from the FinTech field.
Through its latest partnership with XacBank, MobiCom will continue to improve its services while also keeping an eye out for opportunities to provide new telecoms and financial services. This is how MobiCom contributes to development in Mongolia.
MobiCom is a total telecommunications service provider, supplying mobile, fixed line and satellite communication services in addition to a wide range of ICT services, and holds the largest market share of Mongolia's mobile subscribers.
KDDI has invested in MobiCom from its founding in 1995, making ongoing contributions to development of Mongolia's communications industry. KDDI will apply its accumulated worldwide knowledge and experience to continue powering the growth of MobiCom and Mongolia's telecommunications environment.
- Nov 1995 KDDI, Sumitomo Corporation and Newcom LLC enter the Mongolian market, establishing a joint telecommunications venture
- Mar 1996 Launched 2G GSM service
- Mar 2009 Launched 3G W-CDMA service
- 2011 Obtained ISO 9001 quality management system certification
- 2012 Obtained ISO 27001 information security management certification
- Aug 2014 Launched Candy Point Program
- Mar 2016 KDDI consolidated MobiCom
- May 2016 Launched 4G LTE high-speed data communication service in Ulaanbaatar
- Dec 2016 Launched Candy e-money service
- Mar 2017 Launched Candy Message Loan service
- Jul 2017 Obtained Mongolia's first international standard OHSAS18001 certification for implementation and operation of (MobiCom's) Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- Nov 2017 Introduced Mongolia's first carrier aggregation in 4G LTE
- Dec 2017 Received the Grand Prix at the "Entrepreneur Awards"
- Mar 2018 Honored by the Mongolian National Chamber of Commerce and Industry with the Chamber's Silk Road Award in the Best Socially Responsible Company category.
- Sep 2018 Mutually connected with the KHUR Mongolian national population database, enabling simplified contractual agreements using fingerprint verification.
1. "FinTech" combines the meanings of "finance" and "technology" in reference to the application of state-of-the-art IT to innovative financial services and activities designed to create and explore new services.
2. Latest data, as of December 2017.
*This press release is an abridged translation of the press release announced in Japan.
Source: KDDI CORPORATION
Sectors: Telecoms, Cards/Payments, Security/Biometrics, Mobility/Wireless, Local Business
Copyright ©2018 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
At the ICT Expo on October 1, 2018: XacBank CEO Boldoo Magvan (2nd from left) and MobiCom CEO Tatsuya Hamada (3rd from left).
The Candy-XacBank Debit Card
Related Press Release
MobiCom simplifies contracts in Mongolia with fingerprint authentication
September 13 2018 16:00 JST
TRIBRID Project registered as official JCM Project in Indonesia
July 16 2018 17:00 JST
TRIBRID Project registered as a JCM Project in Indonesia
July 11 2018 10:00 JST
KDDI Brings Japanese Telecoms Technology & Know-how to Myanmar
July 05 2018 06:00 JST
KDDI Subsidiaries to market UiPath RPA Platform in Asia
June 11 2018 17:00 JST
KDDI Singapore, FLECT offer Cariot real-time vehicle management in Southeast Asia, Middle East
June 11 2018 17:00 JST
KDDI Vietnam, DEEP C to offer Country's First Smart Metering System in Industrial Zone
May 29 2018 16:00 JST
More Press release >>
Latest Press Release
Spirit Telecom Selects NEC's 10Gbps Radio Solution
Nov 16, 2018 12:45 JST
Toyota Unveils New Corolla Sedans at China's Guangzhou International Automobile Exhibition
Nov 16, 2018 11:37 JST
Mitsubishi Motor's Crossover SUV Eclipse Cross Wins RJC Car of the Year 2019
Nov 15, 2018 09:14 JST
MOU signed by Changhua County Government and Hitachi, Ltd. and Agreed to Use Changhua Port for Operation and Maintenance of Changhua Offshore Wind Farm
Nov 14, 2018 21:06 JST
Fujitsu Immersion Cooling System Receives Environment Minister's Award for Global Warming Prevention Activity
Nov 14, 2018 15:53 JST
Eisai Receives "IR Grand Prix Award"
Nov 14, 2018 13:30 JST
MHPS Receives Order for Low-NOx Combustor and Performance Upgrade of Gas-fired GTCC Power Generation Systems Operated by Taiwan Power Company
Nov 13, 2018 14:25 JST
Chinese Challenge for TOYOTA GAZOO Racing
Nov 12, 2018 18:07 JST
Eisai Launches Lenvima (Lenvatinib) in China
Nov 12, 2018 12:51 JST
NEC's Greenhouse Gas Reduction Targets Approved by the Science Based Targets Initiative
Nov 12, 2018 11:49 JST
Fujitsu Launches Industry's First AI-Equipped Daycare Admissions Screening Software
Nov 12, 2018 11:25 JST
Coinsuper Announces Strategic Partnership with Weever
Nov 09, 2018 19:00 JST
MHIES-V, Production Base of Diesel Generator Sets in Vietnam, Marks 10th Anniversary Since Production Start in 2008
Nov 09, 2018 14:54 JST
Toyota to Unveil New Corolla and New Levin Sedans at China's Guangzhou International Automobile Exhibition
Nov 09, 2018 13:40 JST
SDK Completes Expansion of Capacity for Titanium Oxide Nanoparticles
Nov 09, 2018 13:30 JST
Mitsubishi Motors' World Debut of TRITON/L200 Start of Sales in Thailand November 17 to Rollout to 150 Countries
Nov 09, 2018 13:13 JST
TEPCO to Participate in Coc San Hydropower Plant in Vietnam
Nov 09, 2018 11:00 JST
All-New Mazda3 to Premiere at Los Angeles Auto Show
Nov 09, 2018 10:49 JST
Eisai: New Data from Investigational Study of Lenvima (Lenvatinib) and Keytruda (Pembrolizumab) Combination in Three Different Tumor Types Presented at the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer's 33rd Annual Meeting
Nov 09, 2018 09:08 JST
Van Production Expands for Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi in France
Nov 08, 2018 20:48 JST
More Latest Release >>