WARC launches Prize for MENA Strategy 2019
Ozge Zoralioglu, CMO of Yum! Brands / KFC MENAPak & Turkey, appointed jury chair. First judges named.
MENA, Feb, 05 2019 - (ACN Newswire) - WARC, the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, is today launching the WARC Prize for MENA Strategy 2019, a search for the best strategic marketing thinking that has driven results in the Middle East and North Africa.
Now in its third year, the Prize is free to enter and is open to agencies, brand owners and specialists in any marketing discipline.
As well as Gold, Silver and Bronze accolades, the Grand Prix for the best overall paper will receive USD$7,000, while three Special Awards will be presented with USD$1,000 each in recognition of specific areas of excellence:
- The Research Excellence Award for the best use of research in the development of strategic ideas.
- The Brand Rebel Award for the best example of a campaign departing from category norms.
- The Local Hero Award for the best example of a challenger brand from the MENA region using smart marketing strategy to take on bigger competitors.
Lucy Aitken, Managing Editor, Case Studies, WARC, says: "The aim of the WARC Prize for MENA Strategy is to showcase the region's most successful marketing strategies, highlighting breakthrough ideas that solve clients' problems and provide a base for future growth."
The 2019 awards will be chaired by Ozge Zoralioglu, Chief Marketing Officer, Yum! Brands / KFC MENAPak and Turkey.
Zoralioglu says: "When there are so many profound conversations about marketing effectiveness, the WARC Prize for MENA Strategy distinctively highlights and empowers the very best in strategic thinking that is driving sales overnight while building brands over time."
An eminent judging panel of strategy experts and senior marketers will join Ozge Zoralioglu to judge the submissions. The first judges to be appointed, bringing regional expertise, are:
- Ozge Zoralioglu - Chief Marketing Officer, Yum! Brands / KFC MENAPak & Turkey -- Chair of the Judges
- Remie Abdo - Head of Strategy, TBWA\RAAD Dubai
- Donya Abdulhadi - Director of Strategy, Weber Shandwick MENA
- Ahmed Al Sahhaf - General Manager of Marketing Communication, STC
- Matthew Butterworth - Managing Director, MullenLowe MENA
- Laura Chaibi - Head of Market Intelligence & Syndicate Digital Data, MBC
- Ali Cheikhali - Creative Strategist, Google ZOO
- Tarek El Kady - Senior Marketing Director, McDonald's Middle East & Africa
- Aakriti Goel - Strategic Planning Director, Middle East & Africa, Cheil MEA
- Noor Hassanein - Strategy Director, Impact BBDO
- Mario Morby - Head of Planning, FP7
- Jeremy Paul - MENA Regional Strategy Director, Magna Global
- Dana Sarkis - Head of Marketing Science & Growth Strategies, Hearts & Science
- Asma Shabab - Consultant, Digital Strategy and Experience, IBM iX
- Ziad Skaff - Managing Director, Hall & Partners MENA
Full biographies are available at www.warc.com/menaprize/2018judges.info.
Additional judges will be announced shortly. The deadline for entries is 16 April 2019. More information on the WARC Prize for MENA Strategy 2019 can be found at www.warc.com/menaprize.prize
- advertising evidence, insights and best practice
WARC provides the latest evidence, expertise and guidance to make marketers more effective. WARC's mission is to save the world from ineffective marketing.
WARC's clients include the world's largest brands, advertising and media agencies, media owners, research companies and universities. They rely on WARC for rigorous, unbiased information and advice on almost any advertising and marketing issue, which WARC delivers via best practice guides, case studies, research papers, special reports and advertising trend data, as well as via webinars, awards, events and advisory services.
WARC collaborates with more than 50 respected industry organisations globally including: The Advertising Research Foundation, Cannes Lions, Effie Worldwide, Association of National Advertisers, ESOMAR, 4A's, IPA and DMA.
WARC was founded in 1985, and has offices in the UK, US and Singapore. In July 2018, WARC became part of Ascential plc, the global specialist information company.
Sectors: Media, Advertising
Copyright ©2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.