OutSystems Unveils Platform 9 Amsterdam - Further Simplifies Enterprises' Ability to Develop Apps Once for All Devices and Technologies
RAD Platform Delivers Integration and Mobile Capabilities Essential for Enterprise App Development in Today's Complex Environments
SINGAPORE, Apr, 28 2015 - (ACN Newswire) - OutSystems, the enterprise Rapid Application Delivery (RAD) provider, today announced a new release of OutSystems Platform, making it dramatically simpler for companies to achieve their business needs through custom-developed applications. OutSystems Platform 9 Amsterdam enhances integration options, omnichannel experience, and app change capabilities, as well as advances core technology and enterprise-scale functionality.
Organizations today are faced with a myriad of development demands within complex IT environments, such as high customer expectations for mobile applications, required back-end integration with numerous apps and data stores, increased capacity to deliver/deploy applications in the cloud, and greater need to control the entire application lifecycle. While many have leveraged point solutions to address each of these individual challenges, organizations quickly find that without a cohesive strategy, niche tools create more problems than they solve.
OutSystems Platform 9 Amsterdam helps enterprises manage complexity, regardless of the application being built, the architecture it leverages, where it is hosted, or its mobile requirements. New functionality includes:
- Enterprise Scale - To support enterprise-scale deployments, OutSystems has enhanced portfolio governance from development through deployment. New functionality in OutSystems Platform helps enforce branding and architectural standards, allows for easy definition of federated policies and security rules, and leverages existing identity systems.
- Integrate Everything - OutSystems Platform now supports the growing demand for composable apps that disconnect front-end from back-end and utilize a loosely coupled architecture to provide business agility. OutSystems applies comprehensive visual modeling capabilities (e.g. business process, visual logic, data manipulation) to the rapid creation of rich back-end microservices for standards-based (REST and SOAP) consumption both inside and outside the Platform.
- Effortless Change - Further simplifying the app change process, OutSystems enhances the ability to capture context and user feedback directly, across all devices. The Platform now takes advantage of device capabilities and likely workflow of each device to capture user feedback within the operation of the apps.
- No Lock-In - Further evolving the technologies that are leveraged by the Platform, OutSystems has updated several pieces of the technology stack, including SQL Server 2014, Oracle 12c, and Windows Phone support.
- More Pre-built Template Apps - Four new template apps are available to help OutSystems customers further increase productivity. In addition, existing template apps are being refactored to improve their ability to expand and integrate.
"RAD tools have been plagued with a bad reputation, and in most cases, it's well deserved," said Paulo Rosado, CEO of OutSystems. "This market category is filled with incomplete offerings that are limited and don't properly handle the requirements of large organizations. With this release of OutSystems Platform, we are reinforcing our position as the only RAD platform that addresses the needs of the enterprise in terms of governance, scalability and security without compromising rapid delivery."
"OutSystems takes a lot of mundane work and challenges and streamlines it for development across all of our applications, regardless of their complexity or how they have to be delivered," said Nic Ladas, engineer at EMC Corporation. "OutSystems Platform provides significant time savings, easy integration with disparate data back-ends, and a rich mobile experience. With OutSystems, our existing team has improved efficiency, unified development across multiple teams and platforms, and greatly simplified the management of applications across the software lifecycle."
OutSystems Platform 9 Amsterdam is generally available. To learn more visit http://www.outsystems.com/platform/whats-new-in-platform-9-amsterdam/
OutSystems provides the enterprise Rapid Application Delivery (RAD) platform that makes it easy to develop apps once and deliver seamlessly across iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Web - deeply integrated with existing cloud and on-premises databases and systems of record. OutSystems Platform enables the rapid delivery and effortless change of large application portfolios and is available as a public cloud, private cloud and on-premises solution. Over 450 enterprise organizations in 25 countries across 22 industries use the Platform to deliver beautiful mobile and web apps in record time. For more information visit us at www.outsystems.com or follow us on Twitter @OutSystems.
Ogilvy PR Singapore for OutSystems
+65 6213 7704
+65 6213 9951
Sectors: Enterprise IT, IT Individual
Copyright ©2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
More Latest Release >>
"Science Based Targets (SBT) Initiative" Approves Eisai's Greenhouse Gas Reduction Targets
May 17, 2019 16:34 JST
Toyota Rolls Out New Supra
May 17, 2019 15:49 JST
DOCOMO Develops Safe, Blade-free Drone Propelled with Ultrasonic Vibrations
May 17, 2019 12:08 JST
Hitachi Automotive Systems' EV Inverter Adopted for the e-tron, Audi's First Mass Production Electric Vehicle
May 17, 2019 11:40 JST
NEC Awarded Intelligent Transportation System Project in Oman
May 17, 2019 11:15 JST
Eisai to Present Data on Oncology Pipeline and Products at 55th Asco Annual Meeting
May 16, 2019 08:37 JST
Toyota: The Master Craftsmanship of the Century, Japan's Only Chauffeur-Driven Car
May 15, 2019 16:19 JST
NEC and CSC e-Governance Services Form a Strategic Alliance to Deliver Innovative Digital Services for Rural Areas in India
May 15, 2019 13:12 JST
Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Holds Christening Ceremony for Next-Generation LNG Carrier "BUSHU MARU"
May 15, 2019 12:14 JST
MHPS Receives Order for Two H-25 Gas Turbines for Major Chinese Paper Firm Lee & Man Paper Manufacturing Ltd.
May 15, 2019 11:37 JST
Mitsubishi Corporation: Production Underway at Cameron LNG
May 14, 2019 20:01 JST
Fujitsu Formulates "Design the Trusted Future by Data x AI", a Process and Framework for Creating Goal-Oriented Businesses
May 14, 2019 13:23 JST
NEC Becomes the First Japanese Company to Join the TESLA Consortium's Fight Against Cancer
May 14, 2019 10:12 JST
Fujitsu and Autonomic Collaborate to Bring Advanced Mobility Services to Global Automakers
May 14, 2019 09:44 JST
NEC: Grupo Gtd Goes Live With Netcracker's Full-Stack BSS/OSS Suite for B2B Transformation
May 13, 2019 20:39 JST
Tanak and the Toyota Yaris WRC Conquer a New Rally in Chile
May 13, 2019 12:36 JST
Eisai Enters Into Licensing Agreement With Medac Concerning Anti-Rheumatic Agent Methotrexate Subcutaneous Injection in Japan
May 10, 2019 13:34 JST
Eisai: Alzheimer's Clinical Trials Consortium Selects Elenbecestat and BAN2401
May 10, 2019 12:55 JST
Fujitsu Develops Automatic Labeling Technology to Accelerate AI Use of Time-Series Data
May 10, 2019 11:21 JST
Babson College and the Toyota Mobility Foundation Team Up to Accelerate the Future of Mobility
May 10, 2019 10:08 JST