Mitsubishi Motors Lineup at 45th Tokyo Motor Show
MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT World Premiere
SUV + EV + AI Evolution
TOKYO, Oct, 05 2017 - (JCN Newswire) - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) will celebrate the world debut of the MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT at the 45th Tokyo Motor Show. The all-electric concept indicates a direction Mitsubishi Motors can take in the near future.
MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) augments driver and vehicle performance
- Triple Motor 4WD system
- Dual Motor Active Yaw Control (AYC)
- High torque electric drive
- Adaptive response characteristics
- Coaching function
The MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT is a new-generation high-performance all-electric crossover SUV, and it allows a glimpse of MMC's future. For an enhanced driving experience, the MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT combines the very best of Mitsubishi Motors technology with the go-anywhere flexibility of SUVs.
MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT expands MMC's SUV knowhow of EV and all-wheel drive expertise and takes it to a new level with Artificial Intelligence (AI). These elements are combined seamlessly to deliver safe and enjoyable performance that mirrors driver intent under all weather conditions, and on all surfaces.
MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT is built to stimulate the intellectual curiosity of both driver and passengers, true to the Evolution reputation.
- MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT uses high-torque and high-performance electric motors, supplied by a high-capacity battery system to deliver the smooth and powerfully responsive performance that distinguishes EVs from ICE-powered vehicles. The triple motor 4WD system employs a single motor to drive the front wheels, and a new Dual Motor AYC(1) system that couples two rear motors through an electronically controlled torque-vectoring Active Yaw Control (AYC) unit. Whether driving around town, on expressways, or winding roads, the system always provides crisp and nimble handling that faithfully mirrors driver intent.
- The brain of the MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT is an Artificial Intelligence (AI) system that augments the driver's capabilities. An array of sensors allows the AI system to instantly read changes in road and traffic conditions, as well as the driver's intent. Seamlessly coordinating driver intent with vehicle performance, the system supports drivers of all abilities. By making it easier and safer to control the vehicle, the motoring experience is brought to a new level.
- A special coaching function allows the AI system to transfer knowledge to the driver, and to unobtrusively enhance the driving expertise. After building a picture of the driver's skill level, the system constructs a training program that provides advice through voice dialogue and a large dashboard display. As a result, drivers of all abilities quickly experience a vehicle that behaves the way they want it, and soon they find themselves enjoying the driving experience to an even greater degree.
MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT will be one of 12 Mitsubishi models on display. It will be joined by the new Eclipse Cross coupe SUV (Japan market model), unveiled in Japan for the first time, and scheduled for its Japan launch early next year. The Outlander PHEV and other leading MMC models sold in Japan will also be part of the lineup.
AI Personal Assistant
Mitsubishi Motors onboard AI Personal Assistant builds up a comprehensive understanding of the vehicle's occupants and delivers a connected motoring experience by providing the right kind of information to make driving safer and less stressful, and by supporting communications between the driver and their family at home.
Here are AI Personal Assistant's main features:
1) Dialogue System
AI Personal Assistant uses the latest in AI technology including voice recognition and natural-language processing, to correctly understand what occupants are saying, and to converse with them in natural-sounding language, even amid all the road noise.
Voiceprint technology and person recognition allow the system to identify individual passengers, learn about them from their speech and behavior, and to provide services that best match tastes and needs.
- The system allows the driver to voice-control functions such as climate control, wipers, headlights and more. It also provides vehicle status information, including any malfunction alerts, should they occur.
- AI Personal Assistant's speech recognition uses a hybrid system combining cloud-based with onboard or local processing. The local system provides high speech recognition accuracy, even when there is no network connection, or when network performance is degraded.
- Some of the features described will be a demonstrated(2) at this year's Tokyo Motor Show.
2) Connectivity with Different Devices and Content
- AI Personal Assistant supports connectivity with a variety of devices and content. It can, for example, connect with a drone to check traffic conditions ahead, or to give occupants a birds-eye view of the natural scenery they are passing through.
Smart Speaker Demonstration
At MITSUBISHI CONNECT area, there will be a demonstration using Amazon Echo with Alexa and Google Assistant on Google Home VPA-enabled wireless speakers (also known as smart speakers) to show the potential for linking home to car. This is one of the connected car services the company is developing.
Amazon Echo with Alexa use voice commands to play music, access schedules, do online shopping and control smart electrical appliances.
Google Home has the Google Assistant built in and uses voice commands to play music, access schedules and control smart electrical appliances.
The use of smart speakers is growing, particularly in the U.S.
The demonstration will show how assistants on smart speakers can be used to connect with cars and control the headlamps, adjust the interior temperature and lock or unlock the doors. Visitors to the show will be able to try them out for themselves.
Google Home is a trademark of Google Inc.
The 45th Tokyo Motor Show 2017 will be open to the public from October 27th through November 5th. Press days will be on October 25th and 26th, 2017 at the Tokyo Big Sight exhibition center. For more information: http://www.tokyo-motorshow.com/en
(1) Active Yaw Control
(2) Developed jointly by CAPIO Inc. and ichibel co, ltd.
About Mitsubishi Motors
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation is the sixth largest automaker in Japan and the sixteenth largest in the world. It is part of the Mitsubishi keiretsu, formerly the biggest industrial group in Japan, and was formed in 1970 from the automotive division of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. From October 2016, Mitsubishi is one-third owned by Nissan, and a part of the Renault - Nissan - Mitsubishi Alliance. For more information, please visit www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/index.html.
Public Relations Department
Source: Mitsubishi Motors
Copyright ©2018 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Japan Corporate News Network.
More Latest Release >>
NEC Promotes 5G with NTT DOCOMO by Testing Coordination Technology Between Cells
Feb 23, 2018 13:59 JST
NEC Contributes to INTERPOL's Cybercrime Investigation Training
Feb 22, 2018 17:26 JST
NEC Releases "Making 5G a Reality" White Paper
Feb 22, 2018 17:00 JST
DENSO Leads Dellfer's Initial Funding Round, Supporting Cybersecurity for Connected Vehicles
Feb 22, 2018 15:22 JST
NEC Uses AI to Optimize Inventory and Maintenance with Highly Precise Predictions
Feb 22, 2018 15:05 JST
Denso: European Commission's Announcement Concerning the EU Competition Law related to Certain Automotive Components
Feb 21, 2018 20:37 JST
MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT European Premiere and New 2019 Model Year Outlander PHEV Global Premiere
Feb 21, 2018 13:27 JST
Fujitsu to Provide Customer Contact Point Platform to Shizuoka Bank for the Realization of Digital Banking Services
Feb 21, 2018 12:53 JST
Fujitsu Group Environmental Report 2017 Wins the Grand Award of Global Warming Countermeasures Report (Japanese Environment Minister's Award)
Feb 21, 2018 12:23 JST
Eisai Certified in 2018 as Outstanding Health and Productivity Management Organization (White 500)
Feb 21, 2018 09:25 JST
Hitachi and Hitachi Asia (Thailand) Sign MoU with Thailand Post to Support the Digitization of Postal Services
Feb 20, 2018 21:28 JST
Lexus at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show
Feb 20, 2018 21:23 JST
Toyota Develops New Magnet for Electric Motors Aiming to Reduce Use of Critical Rare-Earth Element by up to 50%
Feb 20, 2018 20:06 JST
Fujitsu Commences Sales of IoT Service Platform "SMAVIA," Accelerating Digital Transformation in Retail and Distribution
Feb 20, 2018 10:46 JST
MHI Thermal Systems to Launch 19 Room Air-Conditioner Models into the Domestic Market
Feb 19, 2018 11:32 JST
NEC Contributes to Ecosystem for Enhancing Virtualized Network Orchestration
Feb 19, 2018 11:08 JST
DOCOMO to Showcase Future of 5G Entertainment, Transportation, Construction and Environment at Mobile World Congress 2018
Feb 16, 2018 16:09 JST
Fujitsu Launches Biometric Authentication Software "AuthConductor Client" for PCs
Feb 16, 2018 11:03 JST
Eisai: U.K. NICE Recommends Anticancer Agent Lenvima as Treatment for Thyroid Cancer
Feb 16, 2018 08:34 JST
DOCOMO Tightens Security for Open APIs by Leveraging Know-how of Affiliate Authlete, Inc.
Feb 15, 2018 15:59 JST
|MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT|