Guangzhou, China, Nov 22, 2012 - (ACN Newswire) - Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) is exhibiting a total of 34 production and concept vehicles at the 10th China (Guangzhou) International Automobile Exhibition here, scheduled to run from today through December 2. The Toyota booth covers approximately 3,000 square meters and features the Chinese debut of the "Venza" crossover SUV scheduled for launch next year.
The booth also features a total of eight environment-friendly electric, hybrid, and plug-in hybrid vehicles, beginning with the "Yundong Shuangqing"(1) concept equipped with a hybrid system under development primarily at Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (China) Co., Ltd. (TMEC), TMC's R&D center in Changshu, China.
Furthermore, displaying Toyota's desire to meet the diverse needs of Chinese consumers, the booth also has on show the compact-sized "Toyota Dear Qin"(2), a global-strategic concept sedan and hatchback to go on sale in the second half of 2013, the "86" compact rear-wheel-drive sports car designed to maximize driving enjoyment and the "Welcab" series of vehicles with factory-installed features for the disabled and the elderly.
At a press conference held at the booth today, TMC China Operations Group Chief Officer and Senior Managing Officer Hiroji Onishi, said: "With a focus on hybrid cars, Toyota hopes to continue delivering many vehicles that can bring smiles to the faces of our customers in China".
Overview of the 10th China (Guangzhou) International Automobile Exhibition
Venue: China Import and Export Fair Complex, Pazhou Complex, Guangzhou
Dates: November 22-December 2 (Press day: November 22)
Toyota booth -
- Exhibition area: Approximately 3,000 m2
- Number of display vehicles: 34
- Main display vehicles: - Yundong Shuangqing (hybrid concept model
exclusive to China)
- Toyota Dear Qin (compact sedan and hatchback
- Prius PHV
- Alphard Welcab
- FT-EV III
- RAV4 EV
- Camry Hybrid
- Venza (Chinese debut)
(1) Yundong is a coined term in Mandarin Chinese that means "cloud action" and is Toyota's current corporate slogan in China. The slogan is meant to convey an image of innovation, dynamism and eco-friendliness; shuangqing is a coined term which suggests "dual support" and signifies the two power sources of the gasoline-electric hybrid system.
(2) Qin in Mandarin Chinese means dear or intimate and represents the wish for these models to become cherished by many.