Jun 30, 2016 23:28 JST

Source: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.

MHI to Establish Sales and After-sales Service Company for Truck/Trailer Reefers in Thailand JV with Local Partner, Mahajak

TOKYO, Jun 30, 2016 - (ACN Newswire) - Ryoju Cold Chain Co., Ltd. (RCC, CEO: Norio Ando, HQ: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo) of the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI) Group will establish a sales and after-sales service company for truck/trailer reefers in Thailand from October this year.

The company will be a JV with the local partner Mahajak Industry Co., Ltd.. The aim is to expand sales, serving the growing needs for refrigerated logistics in Thailand and Southeast Asia.

RCC is a 100% subsidiary of MHI engaged in domestic sales of truck/trailer Reefers. The JV name will be RCC Asia Co., Ltd. and RCC will invest 10% with Mahajak investing the remaining 90%. The CEO will be Mr. Chatchawan Kanchanachayphoom from Mahajak. The headquarters will be based in Mahajak Group land in the Bangkok area. In future, RCC will consider increasing investment to expand the business.

Mahajak was established in 1969 as a manufacturer and sales company for bolts, screws and springs, and has grown to become one of Thailand's leading companies in areas such as sales of audio equipment and air-conditioning equipment, and development of the cold chain business. MHI and Mahajak have built a strong relationship since 1988, when the two companies established the Thai JV Mitsubishi Heavy Industries-Mahajak Air Conditioners Co., Ltd. which is engaged in manufacturing and sales of household and industrial air conditioners. By partnering with an experienced local company, the operations of the new company are expected to be smooth and stable.

As living standards rise in Thailand and Southeast Asia, needs for refrigerated logistics are growing rapidly, particularly for food. This is due to reasons such as the growth of convenience stores operated by Japanese and local companies. As local companies increasingly introduce MHI's refrigerated units, the need for the same level of installation and after-sales service that RCC offers in Japan has strengthened, and a directly controlled local base has become necessary. The establishment of the new JV is a result of this situation.

MHI strongly supports the business development of the new JV company through the close cooperation of RCC and Mahajak, and by concentrating its efforts on expanding sales of refrigeration units, the company will continue to contribute to the development of refrigerated logistics with a high level of freshness in Thailand and Southeast Asia.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
Joseph Hood, PR Manager
Email: mhi-pr@mhi.co.jp
Tel: +81-(0)3-6716-2168
Fax: +81-(0)3-6716-5860
Source: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
Sectors: Design Process, Energy, Alternatives

Copyright ©2024 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.

Related Press Release

Seven Companies to Conduct Joint Feasability Study on Japanese Advanced CCS (Carbon Capture and Storage) Project
August 02 2023 23:00 JST
MHI Completes Development of Second-Generation "EX ROVR" Explosion-Proof Plant Inspection Robot
April 11 2022 11:06 JST
Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Holds Launch Ceremony in Shimonoseki for Second MRRV for the Philippines Department of Transportation
November 18 2021 16:50 JST
HKSAR Chief Executive encourages Japanese companies to leverage opportunities in Guangdong-HK-Macao Greater Bay Area
April 09 2019 19:00 JST
Japan International Aerospace Exhibition 2016 to be finally held from Wednesday 12th October
October 11 2016 23:00 JST
Japan International Aerospace Exhibition 2016 (JA2016) - Public event program finalized
October 11 2016 23:00 JST
Japan International Aerospace Exhibition 2016 (JA2016) - Guidelines for Media Interviews
October 05 2016 09:00 JST
Stronger Turbine Blades with Molybdenum Silicides
September 24 2016 20:00 JST
Japan International Aerospace Exhibition 2016 (JA2016) Now Available - Advance registration, ticket sales and seminar registration
September 08 2016 19:30 JST
MHI and MC Receive Order for APM Cars and APM System Capacity Expansion at Singapore Changi Airport
March 03 2016 13:00 JST
More Press release >>

Latest Press Release

More Latest Release >>