CONNECT WITH US:
Jan 13, 2023 11:48 JST
Toyota Motor Corporation
Toyota: Exhibiting at Tokyo Auto Salon 2023 and Tokyo Outdoor Show
Toyota Announcing Vehicles, Parts Under Shared Theme of 'Leaving No Car Lovers Behind'
Toyota City, Japan, Jan 13, 2023 - (JCN Newswire) - TOYOTA GAZOO Racing (TGR) and Lexus are exhibiting at the three-day Tokyo Auto Salon 2023 held at Makuhari Messe (in Chiba, Japan) from January 13 to 15, 2023. Also, Toyota and Lexus are exhibiting at the concurrent Tokyo Outdoor Show at the same venue. Under the shared theme of "Toyota: Leaving no car lovers behind", TGR, Lexus, and Toyota are exhibiting vehicles and automotive parts in line with the three concepts of "Carbon neutrality for protecting beloved cars", "Making ever-better motorsports-bred cars", and "Diverse lifestyles to enjoy with beloved cars". During the events, TGR and Lexus will also propose new ways to enjoy cars and motorsports in the carbon-neutral era through talk sessions by professional racing drivers and development engineers, as well as through demo runs.
For details of the exhibited vehicles, as well as for a 9:30 a.m. press conference on January 13 and talk sessions (scheduled to feature Toyota President Akio Toyoda, professional racing drivers, and others), please visit the following URL. bit.ly/3QCG9FV (in Japanese)
The press conference will be available in both Japanese and English.
Also, as new initiatives utilizing digital technology, TGR and Lexus have organized an "NFT Digital Stamp Rally" for added enjoyment at Tokyo Auto Salon 2023's physical venue and a metaverse-based "Virtual Garage by GR/Lexus". For more information, please visit the following URL. bit.ly/3GGjYds (in Japanese)
Outline of exhibit
Carbon neutrality for protecting beloved cars
- Toward achieving carbon neutrality, Toyota is aiming to provide its customers with more choices by offering a full product lineup.
- In parallel, expecting that it will take time before all new vehicles are carbon neutral, simultaneously promoting the carbon neutralization of not only new vehicles but also of vehicles currently in customer use is essential for the future. Bringing back the long-time loved AE86 while retaining the original to the utmost, an AE86 converted into a hydrogen-engine vehicle is also on display in the form of the "AE86 H2 Concept", which is joined by an AE86 converted into a battery electric vehicle in the form of the "AE86 BEV Concept".
Making ever-better motorsports-bred cars
- TGR is putting into practice its approach of "Making ever-better motorsports-bred cars" by commercially providing cars that have been honed to win races.
- On display is the "GR Yaris Rally2 Concept", which was developed utilizing the knowledge gained by participating in the FIA World Rally Championship (WRC), along with the world premieres of the GR Yaris RZ "High-performance - Sebastien Ogier Edition Concept" and the GR Yaris RZ "High-performance - Kalle Rovanpera Edition Concept" as expressions of TGR's gratitude to all those who have supported the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing World Rally Team and of TGR's desire to bring even more excitement to the WRC.
Diverse lifestyles to be enjoyed with beloved cars
- In addition to exhibiting vehicles that have been customized under the supervision of professional racing drivers, also on display are new GR Parts developed by TGR utilizing feedback from motorsports, along with GR Heritage Parts scheduled for release starting in 2023 and produced to meet customers' desires to keep on driving their memory-filled beloved cars.
- Lexus and Toyota are exhibiting for the first time at the Tokyo Outdoor Show. Toward achieving a carbon-neutral society, and based on its desire to deliver outdoor experiences that help people understand, enjoy, and protect nature, Lexus is promoting its "OVERTRAIL PROJECT", which offers the fun of vehicles that enhance outdoor lifestyles while coexisting with nature and provides various outdoor experiences.
For more information, visit
Source: Toyota Motor Corporation
Copyright ©2023 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Japan Corporate News Network.
Related Press Release
Toyota to Establish a New Company to Promote the Fuji Motorsports Forest Project
March 28 2023 12:42 JST
Toyota Launches the C+walk S in Japan, a New Form of Walking-Assistance Mobility
March 20 2023 17:00 JST
Another record win for Ogier aboard the GR YARIS Rally1 HYBRID
March 20 2023 13:41 JST
TOYOTA GAZOO Racing secures Sebring one-two
March 20 2023 13:25 JST
Liquid Hydrogen-Powered Corolla to be Absent from Round 1 of the Super Taikyu Series at Suzuka Development to Continue for Fuji 24 Hours Race
March 20 2023 08:48 JST
Toyota: Notice Concerning Absence of Hydrogen-Powered Corolla from Super Taikyu Series Suzuka
March 15 2023 17:01 JST
TOYOTA GAZOO Racing targets new heights with GR YARIS Rally1 HYBRID
March 10 2023 18:46 JST
Aiming to Realize an Ever-Better Mobility Society, Toyota Mobility Foundation Selects Five Teams for the first half of 2023 to Work on Activities in the Fun & Safety Category of its Idea Contest
March 10 2023 14:01 JST
Toyota to Accelerate Plant Decarbonization Efforts in Fukushima Using Hydrogen
March 09 2023 16:32 JST
Central Japan's new regional branding invites startups to give-it-a-try in the Homeland of Mobility 5.0
March 07 2023 20:00 JST
More Press release >>
Latest Press Release
JCB and Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam launch VCB JCB Platinum Credit Card in Vietnam
Mar 29, 2023 16:00 JST
Mazda Joins Research Association of Biomass Innovation for Next Generation Automobile Fuels
Mar 29, 2023 11:44 JST
NEC Technology Successfully Predicts High Risk Areas for Presence of Landmines
Mar 29, 2023 10:09 JST
Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Holds Launch Ceremony in Shimonoseki for Demonstration Test Ship for Liquefied CO2 Transport
Mar 28, 2023 14:07 JST
MHI Awarded 7-Year Long Term Service Agreement for 400 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant in Bangladesh
Mar 28, 2023 13:55 JST
Toyota to Establish a New Company to Promote the Fuji Motorsports Forest Project
Mar 28, 2023 13:42 JST
Asahi Kasei and NEC establish analysis platform utilizing secure computation technology for secure data collaboration between companies
Mar 28, 2023 11:14 JST
Fujitsu launches new cloud-based platform for healthcare sector in Japan, promoting personalized healthcare and drug development
Mar 28, 2023 10:17 JST
DENSO Wins Silver Medal at the 10th International Abilympics
Mar 27, 2023 19:37 JST
Hitachi Continuously Selected as CDP Supplier Engagement Leader
Mar 27, 2023 18:52 JST
Educational Manga Prepared as Teaching Tool for school child: "The Secrets of SDGs - Affordable and Clean Energy"
Mar 27, 2023 15:21 JST
Mazda: Conclusion of offsite corporate power purchase agreement (PPA) on solar power generation
Mar 27, 2023 14:52 JST
Eisai to Present Research from Oncology Portfolio at The Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO) 2023 Annual Meeting on Women's Cancer
Mar 24, 2023 13:22 JST
Mitsubishi Corporation: PoC Launched in Portland, Oregon to Develop Smart Multifamily Apartment
Mar 24, 2023 11:02 JST
MHI and PLN Nusantara Power to Investigate Co-Firing with Hydrogen, Ammonia and Biomass in Indonesia's Power Plants
Mar 24, 2023 10:26 JST
MHI Thermal Systems to Launch 22 Models of Residential-use Room Air Conditioners for the Japanese Market in 2023 (Domestic sales only)
Mar 24, 2023 10:17 JST
Fujitsu Announces Start of Acceptance Period of Takeover Offer for GK Software
Mar 23, 2023 20:28 JST
The Hitachi Group has started a strategic cooperation with the leading operator of non-cash payments Polskie ePlatnosci in the development of software and IT systems
Mar 23, 2023 18:10 JST
Eisai to Present New Lecanemab Data, Including Research Evaluating Safety Profile, Clinical Outcomes and Quality of Life Measures, as Well as Other Important Alzheimer's Disease Research, at the AD/PD 2023 Annual Meeting
Mar 23, 2023 13:30 JST
Fujitsu and Osaka University develop new quantum computing architecture, accelerating progress toward practical application of quantum computers
Mar 23, 2023 11:14 JST
More Latest Release >>