CONNECT WITH US:
Jun 13, 2023 14:56 JST
Choshi City and Mitsubishi Corporation Sign Regional Development Agreement
TOKYO, Jun 13, 2023 - (JCN Newswire) - The city of Choshi in Japan's Chiba Prefecture (Choshi City) and Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) are pleased to announce that we have reached an agreement to both strengthen collaborations and help to revitalize Choshi City through energy (EX)* and digital (DX) transformations.
Choshi City has taken a number of steps to rebuild itself into a sustainable city that makes the most of the region's abundant natural resources. These include its comprehensive roadmap for redevelopment, its zero-carbon vision, and its DX promotion plan.
In May 2022, MC announced its latest management plan, entitled "Midterm Corporate Strategy 2024 - Creating MC Shared Value". Through connected advances in both EX and DX, MC is now working to revitalize regions and build independent, distributed communities that provide vibrant and convenient living environments and new, carbon-neutral industries that are powered by renewable energies.
Beginning with the launch of MC's offshore wind power project, Choshi City and MC have been working together to identify the region's challenges and to provide solutions for further development of Choshi City. Under the terms of our latest agreement, we are currently examining several regional-revitalization projects that fall within our scope of collaboration, the details of which are broken down below.
*Joint work in energy shall focus on balancing sustainable enhancements of industrial competitiveness and addressing environmental concerns.
1. Scope of Collaboration
(1) Use of digital technologies to revitalize and rebuild safe-and-secure local communities.
(2) Use of digital technologies and other means for energy, mobility, infrastructure and other fields to enhance services for local citizens.
(3) Construction of data-connectivity platform aimed at enhancing services for local citizens.
(4) Building of net-zero-carbon city through use of renewable energies and other advances.
(5) Use of digital technologies and other means to enhance education and culture.
(6) Reinvigorating tourism and other regional industries.
2. Project Examples
(1) Regional portal, digital tourism passport and other digital tools for the provision of public-information services.
(2) Subscription-based, home repair service offered by MC Group company HomeServe Japan Corporation.
(3) Power business-related services for net-zero-carbon city.
(4) Mobility services in anticipation of EV growth and on-demand transportation options.
(5) Establishment of "area vision" to promote tourism and tourism-related services.
(6) Sales of locally produced goods and diversification of primary industry.
(7) Work to increase hometown-tax contributions.
(8) Retail services developed by MC Group company Lawson, Inc. and its group companies.
(9) Development of emergency power system that makes use of flexible sources of electricity, including electric vehicles owned by MC's Choshi Branch.
(10) Support in providing property information and event notifications in conjunction with broader efforts by MC's Choshi Branch to establish facilities for local interaction and new business creation.
Source: Mitsubishi Corporation
Copyright ©2023 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Japan Corporate News Network.
Related Press Release
Mitsubishi Corporation: The Extension of Oman LNG Businesses Interest
October 24 2023 09:26 JST
Indonesia's Tangguh Expansion Project Commences LNG Shipment
October 20 2023 14:36 JST
Mitsubishi Corporation Announcement Sale of Australian Metallurgical Coal Assets
October 18 2023 15:11 JST
Honda and MC Sign MoU to Explore New Businesses in EV Age
October 12 2023 14:02 JST
Yatsushiro City, Kyushu Electric Power Co., Inc., NTT Anode Energy Co., Ltd., and Mitsubishi Corporation Conclude a Partnership Agreement to Expedite Carbon Neutrality in Yatsushiro City
September 01 2023 10:18 JST
Mitsubishi Corporation: Participation of Sempra Infrastructure to the Detailed Study regarding the Introduction of e-methane to Japan Utilizing Cameron LNG Terminal
August 30 2023 20:58 JST
Building a sustainable PET bottle supply chain
August 07 2023 15:59 JST
Agreement Signed to Promote Urban Development towards Carbon Neutral City of Chitose
August 07 2023 13:37 JST
JOGMEC selected a feasibility study on the establishment of an overseas CCS value chain in the "Survey on the Implementation of Advanced CCS Projects"
August 03 2023 12:31 JST
Mitsubishi Corporation: Renewables-driven Next-generation Electric Vehicle Taxi Business Launched in Fukuoka Prefecture
July 31 2023 17:46 JST
More Press release >>
Latest Press Release
Fujitsu Finland to provide comprehensive IT services to Kempower, provider of electric vehicle fast charging solutions
Dec 05, 2023 10:52 JST
DENSO Announces Organizational and Executive Changes
Dec 04, 2023 18:12 JST
All-New Triton Earns Top Rating in 2023 ASEAN NCAP
Dec 04, 2023 17:07 JST
Fujitsu and KDDI Research successfully implement large-capacity multiband wavelength multiplexing transmission with installed optical fiber
Dec 04, 2023 10:34 JST
GC Collaborates with MHI to explore the utilization of hydrogen, ammonia and CCS technology to develop a large-scale petrochemical plant to achieve Net Zero
Dec 01, 2023 17:22 JST
NEC named among IAM's 2023 Asia IP Elite
Dec 01, 2023 14:50 JST
Eisai's Sales Subsidiary Collaborates with Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) in Thailand
Nov 30, 2023 16:25 JST
Boosting Growth Investment to Power Mobility Company Transformation Toyota-DENSO Capital Ties Revised
Nov 30, 2023 16:17 JST
Olympus's Net-Zero Targets Approved by SBTi
Nov 30, 2023 11:00 JST
Fujitsu and Macquarie University establish new research lab to accelerate development of human sensing and generative AI technologies
Nov 30, 2023 09:34 JST
NEC X and Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator (ERA) Forge Strategic Partnership to Advance East Coast-based Startups
Nov 29, 2023 18:37 JST
MHI Selected as Core Company for New Research Reactor for JAEA
Nov 29, 2023 18:22 JST
Toyota: Sales, Production, and Export Results for October 2023
Nov 29, 2023 16:17 JST
Toyota Re-introduces the Land Cruiser "70" in Japan
Nov 29, 2023 13:30 JST
Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Holds Christening and Handover Ceremony in Shimonoseki for Demonstration Test Ship for Liquefied CO2 Transport
Nov 28, 2023 17:47 JST
Hitachi awarded Sustainable Markets Initiative 2023 Terra Carta Seal
Nov 28, 2023 17:43 JST
MHI Succeeded Combustion Test of Ammonia Single-Fuel Burners
Nov 28, 2023 16:40 JST
JCB partners with FrenchSys to boost card acceptance across France
Nov 28, 2023 12:00 JST
Toyota Launches IMV 0 in Thailand Providing Mobility to Make People's Lives Better through Customizability
Nov 27, 2023 17:30 JST
MHI and Orica Announce Collaboration to Explore Emissions Reduction Opportunities
Nov 27, 2023 15:29 JST
More Latest Release >>