Tianyun International Releases 2019 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report: Recognised efforts for sustainable development
HONG KONG, Jun 08, 2020 - (ACN Newswire) - Tianyun International Holdings Limited ("Tianyun International", together with its subsidiaries, the "Group") (Stock code: 6836.HK), a leading seller and manufacturer of processed fruits products in China released its 2019 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report, concludes the Group's strategies and efforts implemented, performance and future plans in terms of environmental, social and governance to enhance energy efficiency and the level of corporate sustainability over the past year. The scope of the report covers the period between 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2019.
As one of the food enterprises with the most comprehensive quality certifications both domestically and overseas, the Group has always been committed to providing consumers at large with natural, healthy, safe, delicious and convenient products, allowing consumers to enjoy nutritional fruit products, and promoting a healthy dining culture to the public, deepening their knowledge of healthy dining, and fulfilling our corporate social responsibility.
Highlights of the report:
- In terms of energy conservation and emissions reduction, since the Group continued to follow the principle of cautious use of resources, and direct energy usage is also reduced significantly, the total GHG emissions decreased by 3.2% to 11,138.8 tCO2e as compared to the previous year.
- The Group abided by the basic principles of water conservation, recycling and purification before discharge, in order to save the usage of water. The Group's use of water decreased by 14.6% as compared to the previous year.
- The Group installed independent meters for each production workshop to ensure that electricity usage for all workshops are calculated separately, increasing statistical accuracy and in turn gaining a better understanding of actual electrical consumption for formulating more practicable energy saving measures.
- Since the Group manufactures green and healthy fruit products with zero preservatives, high quality standards can only be guaranteed through using quality raw materials. The Group has established a "6H controlling system", which strictly controls the process from plucking to sealing of the raw materials to within 6 hours. The Group minimises the logistical transportation period and ensures the freshness of raw materials.
- The Group has been researching and developing a new packaging design similar to the type of Tetra Pak packaging that is more environmental friendly and suitable for the PRC market. This type of packaging is lighter, can save storage space and reduce the effective transportation costs and carbon emissions.
- With upgraded production technologies, processing, transportation and sales of the newly launched "fruit ice-cream" products can be conducted at room temperature, thus reducing the use of frozen logistics and frozen facilities, which in turn minimise carbon emissions and potential damage on ozone layer arising from usage of coolants.
- The Group continued to maintain its parallel development strategy, developing its own brand business and at the same time continuing to expand its OEM business, effectively mitigating the risk of customer concentration as well as further developing new customers in other markets to drive sustainable business development.
- The Group's talent retention policy is effective, employee turnover rate decreased slightly as compared to the previous year. During the year, the Group provided training to employees covering themes such as production techniques, machinery operation, raw material quality, corporate governance principles and industry development. The percentage of the Group's employees provided with training amounted to 100%.
Mr. Yang Ziyuan, Chairman and CEO of the Group, said, "The year of 2019 was filled with challenges. The Group has been committed to optimising business operations and enhancing sustainable development while remaining committed to our fundamental mission to provide consumers with healthy, delicious, safe, and convenient fruit products as well as our concern for social corporate responsibility. We hope that as we provide quality processed fruit products, we can also avoid affecting the natural environment so as to mitigate operating risks arising from environmental change. The environmental data shown in the report fully reflected the effectiveness of the relevant measures taken by the Group during the year. The Group strives to take up its corporate social responsibilities, carry out charitable work, care for the elderly and disadvantaged in the community, follow actively and accurately to the country's poverty assistance strategy and resolutely defeating the COVID-19 outbreak, and create sustainable value for our stakeholders."
To view the Company's full 2019 ESG Report, please visit: http://www.tianyuninternational.com/hk/
About Tianyun International Holding Limited (Stock Code: 6836.HK)
Tianyun International Holdings Limited (the "Company") and its subsidiaries (collectively referred to as the "Group") are principally engaged in (i) the production and sales of processed fruit packaged in metal containers, plastic cups, glass containers and aluminium foil bags and ii) trading of fresh fruit. Processed fruit products are sold both under its own brands "Bingo Times", "fruit zz" and "Tiantong Times" and on an OEM basis.
The Group has been consistently committed to provide healthy and safe products to its customers. As one of the food enterprises with the most complete quality certifications, we have been continuously dedicated to adhering to stringent international production standards and are accredited with BRC (A), IFS Food (High), FDA(FSMA), HALAL, SC, KOSHER, BSCI and ISO22000,etc. in respect of our production facilities, quality control and management. The Group has also passed the internal food production standard reviews and audits from several the UK and US supermarket chains. At the same time, as a Chinese "Equal production line; Equal standard; Equal quality" food production and export enterprise, the Group has been supplying products of equivalent quality to domestic and international markets. Since 2016, the Group's own brand processed fruit products have continued to obtain a high degree of market recognition, and became the first fruit processor in China's fruit processing industry to place the "Zero Added Preservatives" label on its products.
The Group was awarded respectively the China's Most Promising Listed Companies by the internationally renowned financial magazine Forbes, and the "2017 Linyi Mayor Quality Award" as an integrated food production and sales enterprise by the government of the Linyi City of the Shandong Province. The Group's newly and proprietary researched, developed and produced pure fruit snack food also received a "Certificate of Invention Patent" from the State Intellectual Property Office of the People's Republic of China in 2018. The Group and its own brand "Bingo Times" were awarded as China Canned Food Leading Enterprise and China Canned Food Leading Brand by national institutions respectively in 2019.
For more information, please visit www.tianyuninternational.com and https://v.douyin.com/v2de9w/.
Source: Tianyun International Holding Limited
Sectors: Daily Finance, Daily News
Copyright ©2024 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
More Latest Release >>
DOCOMO to Conduct Open RAN Field Trials with Ooredoo, Smart and StarHub
Feb 27, 2024 19:53 JST
CleverTap partners with Zoomcar to drive customer engagement on their app
Feb 27, 2024 18:00 JST
NEC Selected by NTT DOCOMO as a Virtualized Radio Access Network (vRAN) Vendor
Feb 26, 2024 17:54 JST
Fujitsu and Celonis Expand Strategic Global Partnership
Feb 26, 2024 15:40 JST
Mitsubishi Corporation's Sale of Exportadora de Sal, S.A. de C.V., a Salt Production Company in Mexico
Feb 26, 2024 14:29 JST
'MMVO,' Mazda's Production Base in Mexico Marks its 10th Anniversary
Feb 26, 2024 14:00 JST
Mitsubishi Electric Building Solutions to Supply Elevators and Escalators for New Capital Relocation Project in Indonesia
Feb 26, 2024 11:00 JST
Clear Mobitel Successfully Deploys NEC 5G SA Cloud Native Core Network to Accelerate the Adoption of Innovative 5G Solutions in the UK and the Channel Islands
Feb 22, 2024 17:13 JST
NEC UPF Achieves Industry-Leading High Performance in 5G Core Networks, reaching 1.3Tbps Throughput
Feb 22, 2024 16:10 JST
DOCOMO and NTT Expand 6G Collaborations with SK Telecom and Rohde & Schwarz
Feb 22, 2024 15:33 JST
Successful demonstration of computing and mobile networks convergence to provide diverse services in the 6G era
Feb 22, 2024 13:18 JST
Fujitsu introduces "Uvance Wayfinders", expanded and strengthened consulting capabilities to deliver cross-industry business value
Feb 22, 2024 12:05 JST
Fujitsu delivers new supercomputer system to Japan Meteorological Agency to improve prediction accuracy for typhoons and torrential rain
Feb 21, 2024 16:38 JST
MHI Group Presents "Best Innovation 2023" Awards for Activities that Contribute to Protecting the Environment
Feb 21, 2024 16:28 JST
Eisai to Boost Initiatives on Greenhouse Gas Reduction, Aiming to Achieve Net Zero by 2050
Feb 21, 2024 15:26 JST
NEC, Arm, Qualcomm, Red Hat, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise demonstrate Open vRAN and 5G Core UPF using Arm-based CPUs
Feb 21, 2024 14:09 JST
NEC launches new User Plane Function (UPF) product for telecom operators, aiming to achieve networks for the Beyond 5G/6G era
Feb 21, 2024 11:33 JST
TANAKA to Provide Pure Gold, Pure Silver, and Pure Bronze Medals for the Tokyo Marathon 2024
Feb 21, 2024 04:00 JST
Fujitsu collaborates with QuTech in development of new technology for freezing electronics to control diamond spin qubits
Feb 20, 2024 21:28 JST
NTT DOCOMO and SK Telecom Release White Paper on Base Station Equipment Utilizing Virtualization Technology
Feb 20, 2024 15:32 JST