Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Engineering Launches "optimaX" Digital Service Platform
Service Platform to Optimize Operations and Maintenance for Critical Infrastructure such as Industrial Plants and Transportation Systems
- Engineering service for remote monitoring of operations status, with anomaly detection, analysis and diagnosis by AI and specialists.
- Operation support for preventive maintenance to avoid accidents, and accurate assessments of situations and quick resumption of service when trouble occurs.
- Incorporates InteRSePT, MHI's proprietary technology for control systems, developed based on extensive experience in the defense sector
TOKYO, Apr 19, 2021 - (JCN Newswire) - Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Engineering Ltd. (MHIENG), a part of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) Group, is to begin offering "optimaX" (trademark and patent pending), a digital service platform to comprehensively support operations and maintenance of transportation systems, industrial plants, and other types of social infrastructure. This new service consolidates into a single package the range of digital services MHIENG has offered up to now in such fields as urban transportation systems and CO2 recovery facilities, further expanding market applications as a solution to resolve issues related to the operation and maintenance of the various types of infrastructure that support environmental protections and social life.
|optimaX Feature Map|
The introduction of optimaX provides the following benefits:
1. Improve availability of the facilities: Minimization of downtime by detecting signs of breakdown or malfunction and conducting preventive maintenance; Optimization of MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure), MKBF (Mean Kilometers Between Failures) and MTTR (Mean Time To Repair).(1)
2. Optimized operations and maintenance costs, and resources: Operational efficiency, fewer maintenance personnel, inventory optimization for spare parts.
3. Safety improvements and accident prevention: Optimization of regular maintenance (preventive maintenance) to prevent breakdown or malfunction.
4. Enhanced cyber security: Incorporates MHI's proprietary InteRSePT technology.(2)
Companies in the transportation systems and industrial plants field are increasingly shifting from a conventional Time Based Maintenance (TBM)(3) model of periodic inspection and maintenance to a Condition Based Maintenance (CBM)(4) system of optimally timed preventive maintenance using IoT technology to monitor system status. The optimaX service responds to such needs, providing solid support for a smooth transition from TBM to CBM. The system also features enhanced cyber security with the incorporation of InteRSePT, MHI's proprietary technology for control systems based on extensive experience in the defense sector.
MHIENG has been offering services for remote monitoring in real time of the operation status for new transportation systems such as the automated guideway transit (AGT)(5) system, and in April 2019 established the Digitalization and Business Innovation Department to oversee and lead digital transformation (DX) programs, developing the optimaX platform.
Through this department, MHIENG conducts further research and development for digital services such as anomaly detection utilizing deep learning and other AI technologies in the new transportation systems and mobility field, and safety enhancements through remaining life assessments of CO2 recovery systems and other chemical plant equipment, supporting innovation and growth for new business models that fulfill the needs of business partners in the critical infrastructure sector.
Going forward, as a part of MHI Group supporting growth fields such as energy transition to realize a carbon neutral society, electrification and intelligence in mobility, and the application of cyber security in the private sector, MHIENG will work in partnership with MHI and other companies to make life convenient and comfortable, and help build a safe and secure society.
(1) MKBF: Mean Kilometers Between Failure; MTTR: Mean Time To Repair
(2) InteRSePT (an abbreviation for Integrated Resilient Security and Proactive Technology) is a registered trademark of MHI in Japan. It is a technology for cyber security in control systems for vital infrastructure (social infrastructure) that allows for real-time anomaly detection and response to unknown cyber-attacks, helping to ensure safe and reliable system operations. See the following website for details:
(3) Time Based Maintenance (TBM) is an approach of conducting inspections and maintenance at regular time periods, such as daily, weekly, monthly, or annually, regardless of whether a malfunction has occurred.
(4) Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) is an approach of conducting preventive maintenance at optimal timing according to the condition of the device or equipment in order to ensure safety and reduce maintenance costs.
(5) Automated Guideway Transit (AGT) is an electric power-driven, fully automated new transportation system with rubber tires to provide a smooth ride and reduced noise.
About MHI Group
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) Group is one of the world's leading industrial groups, spanning energy, logistics & infrastructure, industrial machinery, aerospace and defense. MHI Group combines cutting-edge technology with deep experience to deliver innovative, integrated solutions that help to realize a carbon neutral world, improve the quality of life and ensure a safer world. For more information, please visit www.mhi.com or follow our insights and stories on www.spectra.mhi.com.
Source: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
Copyright ©2021 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Japan Corporate News Network.
More Latest Release >>
Honda Exhibits the World Premiere of All-new BF150, BF135 and BF115 Large-size Marine Outboard Engines at the Genoa International Boat Show 2021
Sep 16, 2021 19:08 JST
Applus+ IDIADA and MHI Group to Develop Testing and Verification System for Highly Automated Vehicles
Sep 16, 2021 14:52 JST
Honda: Takahisa Fujinami to End 26-Year Trial World Championship Career
Sep 15, 2021 19:30 JST
NEC Utilizes Digital Technologies to Create Healthcare and Life Science Business
Sep 15, 2021 09:59 JST
Eisai to Join The Global Environmental Initiative "RE100"
Sep 14, 2021 17:46 JST
Telefonica and NEC to Build Open RAN Live Pilots in 4 Global Markets as a Key Milestone Toward Mass Deployment
Sep 14, 2021 17:03 JST
Toyota to Launch All-New Corolla Cross
Sep 14, 2021 14:05 JST
Eisai to Present Abstracts on Oncology Products and Pipeline at ESMO Virtual Congress 2021
Sep 14, 2021 12:36 JST
Lucid and Cross Marketing Co. Ltd. partner on 'Global QiQUMO'
Sep 14, 2021 09:00 JST
Showa Denko Concludes Long-Term Contract to Supply SiC Epitaxial Wafers for ROHM Co., Ltd.
Sep 13, 2021 17:00 JST
AbbVie, Eisai, and EA Pharma Launch "Humira Support Tool Ordering Service for Patients"
Sep 13, 2021 16:37 JST
Epic Triumph for Rovanpera and the Toyota Yaris WRC in Greece
Sep 13, 2021 14:34 JST
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Osaka Gas Acquire Clean Energy Solution, Brighter Future Solar Project
Sep 13, 2021 13:04 JST
Hitachi Sets New Target to Contribute to a Net Zero Society
Sep 13, 2021 11:41 JST
Tech Leaders from The Philippines to Draw Insights From Use-Cases and Informative Keynotes at Trescon's World AI & RPA Show
Sep 11, 2021 09:00 JST
MHI Thermal Systems' Air Conditioners for the Australian Market Receive Highest Ratings Once Again
Sep 10, 2021 13:02 JST
Chevron Agrees on Framework to Join Hydrogen Joint Venture with Magnum Development and Mitsubishi Power
Sep 10, 2021 11:15 JST
Hitachi Elevator Philippines Receives 67 Elevators and Escalators Order for Its First Railway System Project
Sep 09, 2021 13:57 JST
Mitsubishi Corporation and Shell Sign MoU to Collaborate on Hydrogen Plans in Alberta
Sep 09, 2021 12:36 JST
All-New Outlander Earns Highest Safety Rating from IIHS in the US
Sep 09, 2021 11:09 JST