Sep 27, 2021 09:04 JST
Participation in Japan Automotive Model-Based Engineering Center
Expanding the reach of Monozukuri and contributing to further development of Japan's automotive industry
TOKYO, Sep 27, 2021 - (JCN Newswire) - Five Japanese automobile manufacturers (SUBARU CORPORATION, TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Honda Motor Co., Ltd., and Mazda Motor Corporation) and five parts manufacturers (AISIN CORPORATION, JATCO Ltd, DENSO CORPORATION, Panasonic Corporation, and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation) will be filling the role of executive member in the Japan Automotive Model-Based Engineering center (JAMBE), which went public.. JAMBE's mission is to promote Model-Based Development (MBD)(1) across Japan's automotive industry.
The center was founded to fulfill the purpose of creating the most-advanced development community in the mobility sector, able to carry out optimal and high-grade Monozukuri efficiently and without rework. Primarily consisting of private companies, the center succeeds an initiative led by Japan's Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry called "Enrichment of Suriawase 2.0*2" -- an industry-academia-government and strategic future policy for MBD in the automobile industry - which had been compiled as a result of discussions conducted by the Study Group for Ideal Approaches to Model Utilization in the Automobile Industry(3).
Executive member companies will lead the center's activities to contribute to making Japan's automotive industry more competitive internationally by enabling academia and businesses to share digital models(4) across the board, linking academic research with development of parts, systems and vehicles. Therefore, allowing both sides to coordinate and make adjustments (Suriawase in Japanese) digitally from the initial stages of development.
JAMBE's Guiding principle, Vision and Goal
- Contribute to making Japan's automotive industry more competitive internationally by spreading and deploying MBD technology and concretizing the Suriawase 2.0 concept's high-grade virtual model development technology.
- Utilize MBD to promote carbon neutrality and innovation of vehicle technology to respond to needs such as CASE, thereby contributing to SDGs.
- Encourage organizations of all sizes to use virtual models, thereby promoting highly efficient research and development.
- Concretize Suriawase 2.0: MBR(5) (Academia) creates new models and MBD (Industry) enhances development efficiency by using the same models across parts and vehicle manufacturers in the engineering chain for their Suriawase engineering style, creating new value and achieving the most efficient development processes in the world, free from rework.
Overview of Japan Automotive Model-Based Engineering center
Name:Japan Automotive Model-Based Engineering center (JAMBE)
Business outline: Promotion of model-based development technologies, establishment of structure of model distribution across business entities as well as between industry and academia
[Joint research business project of participating companies (members) and Japan Automotive Research Institute JARI (secretariat)]
Chairperson of steering committee:Mitsuo Hitomi (Senior Innovation Fellow, Mazda Motor Corporation)
Operation cost: Approximately 60 million yen per year
Established: July 9, 2021
(1) Model-Based Development (MBD): A development style that uses virtual models on a computer, not using actual prototype parts throughout design and development activities to realize efficient development activities by saving considerable time and effort that would usually be spent elaborating performance concepts, designing, making prototype parts, and testing.
(2) Suriawase 2.0: A concept that uses MBD to heighten the degree of coordination of cross-disciplinary development (Suriawase engineering style) between companies and between industry and academia throughout the engineering chain.
(3) Established in November 2015 by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. Please visit the website below for further details. https://www.meti.go.jp/english/press/2018/0404_001.html
(4) A "model" is a simulated object that is made to behave like a real object using computer simulation. Depending on the needs, models of various scales are used, including models of individual parts (e.g., pistons of an engine), models of systems/units (e.g., an engine), and models of entire vehicles. Models can also refer to mathematical models of phenomena such as fuel combustion, hydraulic oil flow, etc.
(5) Model-Based Research (MBR): MBR means activities of basic research and numerous experiments of physical phenomena to create models with higher accuracy that are required for successful MBD.
Copyright ©2021 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Japan Corporate News Network.
More Latest Release >>
Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Successfully Separates and Captures CO2 from Exhaust Gas in World's First Marine-based CO2 Capture System Project
Oct 20, 2021 15:55 JST
All-New Outlander PHEV Model Wins the Good Design Award 2021 in Japan
Oct 20, 2021 15:36 JST
Woven Capital Invests in UP.Partners' New Venture Capital Fund Dedicated to Powering the Future of Mobility Through Emerging Technology
Oct 19, 2021 17:04 JST
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Engineering Successfully Completes Testing of New "KS-21" Solvent for CO2 Capture
Oct 19, 2021 15:37 JST
Hitachi, Tohoku University and Kyoto University Become World's First to Establish Technology for Highly Efficient, High-quality Production of Actinium-225, a Material Required for Internal Radiation Therapy Called TAT
Oct 19, 2021 14:03 JST
Mitsubishi Power Receives Order of Two Gas Turbines for the Hunter Power Project in Australia
Oct 19, 2021 13:19 JST
Fujitsu and Aichi Cancer Center Develop AI System to Offer Patients Personalized Cancer Treatment
Oct 19, 2021 10:28 JST
Toyota Charges into Electrified Future in the U.S. with 10-year, $3.4 billion Investment
Oct 18, 2021 19:22 JST
Mitsubishi Corporation Releases Roadmap to a Carbon Neutral Society
Oct 18, 2021 16:09 JST
Evans and TOYOTA GAZOO Racing Seal Second in Spain
Oct 18, 2021 13:18 JST
Fujitsu Analyzes Japanese Election Data in Joint Project with Nikkei, Publisher of Japan's Largest Financial Newspaper
Oct 18, 2021 10:33 JST
Eisai and Merck & Co., Inc. (Kenilworth, N.J.) Receive Positive EU CHMP Opinions for LENVIMA (lenvatinib) Plus KEYTRUDA (pembrolizumab) in Two Different Types of Cancer
Oct 18, 2021 09:00 JST
Toyota: Production Plans in November 2021, as of October 15
Oct 15, 2021 15:37 JST
Mitsubishi Motors Reveals the Design of the All-New Outlander PHEV Model
Oct 15, 2021 09:03 JST
AOTS, NTT DOCOMO and Mobile Innovation to Conduct Trial of 5G-Enabled Remote Technical Training
Oct 14, 2021 15:58 JST
All-New Lexus LX Premieres as the 2nd Model of Lexus Next Generation Following NX
Oct 14, 2021 09:56 JST
Fujitsu and Trend Micro Collaborate for Connected Car Security Solution
Oct 13, 2021 10:24 JST
Honda Aircraft Company Unveils HondaJet 2600 Concept in NBAA 2021
Oct 13, 2021 10:01 JST
Woven Capital Invests in Planet-Friendly Urban Innovations with the Climate Technology Sustainability Fund of 2150
Oct 12, 2021 16:27 JST
NEC Wins 2021 Leading Lights Award for 'Best New 5G Core Product' and 'Best New Open RAN Product'
Oct 12, 2021 16:06 JST