Fujitsu Launches New Platform to Support Web3 Developers Globally
TOKYO, Feb 06, 2023 - (JCN Newswire) - Fujitsu today announced the launch of its 'Fujitsu Web3 Acceleration Platform,' offering a developmental environment as well as various service APIs based on blockchain and high-performance computing technologies. Fujitsu envisions the platform as a future community for users in start-ups, partner companies, and universities working to build the next generation of Web3 applications and services.
|Figure 1: Overview of the Fujitsu Web 3 Acceleration Platform|
|Figure 2: Image of the Fujitsu Web 3 Acceleration Platform|
The new platform will connect users to Fujitsu's existing suite of Computing as a Service (CaaS)(1) applications, including 'CaaS HPC' and 'CaaS Digital Annealer', as well as the 'Fujitsu Computing as a Service Data e-TRUST' (Data e-TRUST)(2) module. Data e-Trust leverages Fujitsu's 'IDentitY eXchange' (IDYX)(3) and 'Chain Data Lineage'(4) technologies for ensuring the authenticity of transactions and secure data distribution and utilization between different systems and services with blockchain and other data verification tools. Moving forward, Fujitsu also plans additional technology modules for the platform, including its transparent trust transfer technology(5) and 'ConnectionChain'(6) technology.
Fujitsu will provide access to the platform free of charge to select participants of its global partner program, 'Fujitsu Accelerator Program for CaaS'(7) to drive co-creation of new Web3 services. Program partners will be able to begin to use the platform in Japan from March 2023, with availability step-by-step expanding to partners globally starting in fiscal 2023.
The platform will contribute to the realization of a rich ecosystem that empowers users to create new applications for Web3, allowing for new ways to interact, create, and share data freely and securely for use cases including digital content rights management, contracts, business transactions and processes.
Under its vision for Fujitsu Uvance to achieve a sustainable world, Fujitsu ultimately aims to offer a Web3 platform that allows companies and individual users to connect to co-create transformational, value-added solutions to a variety of issues facing society.
Services and technologies
In addition to blockchain and verification technologies offered through 'Data e-TRUST,' the new platform will provide users access to Fujitsu's world-leading, advanced computing technologies and applications including 'Fujitsu Computing as a Service HPC' and 'Fujitsu Computing as a Service Digital Annealer' for developing and running simulations, AI and combinatorial optimization applications. These technologies will allow users to analyze and evaluate multiple scenarios for formulating solutions to various societal issues based on data that ensures trust.
Moving forward, Fujitsu will step-by-step provide further prototype functions for Web3 leveraging Fujitsu's transparent trust-ensuring technology and 'ConnectionChain' technology for co-creation partners via CaaS.
Creating new business through co-creation with the Fujitsu Web3 Acceleration Platform
Fujitsu will provide a portal site and development environment to support co-development activities and the development of new Web3 applications and services, and to test and practice the value these new Web3 applications and services offer. Fujitsu and its co-creation partners will examine use cases, develop prototypes, and conduct PoC trials aimed at creating new business related to the following three key themes of Web3:
1. Realization of a co-creation society through decentralized autonomous organizations (DAO)
- Trial development and implementation of new Web3 services in which projects are organized and promoted through autonomous consensus among participants according to various objectives
- Visualization of participants activities and value they created to appropriately distribute gained profits according to individual contribution
2. Rights management and utilization of digital content
- Development and implementation of new Web3 services for distribution of digital content including images and videos to protect copyrights and guarantee authenticity of digital data
- Supporting the creation of various contents based on secondary work and reused work that can be freely distributed by providing a system that guarantees copy rights and legitimate compensation of creators
3. Realization of digital trust
- Test development and implementation of new Web3 services to ensure the accuracy and reliability of information by avoiding risks such as leakage of personal information and fraudulent transactions in order to enable more flexible and open communication and use of information
- Realization of a new social paradigm in which companies and individual users can connect securely by preventing digital fraud and ensuring authenticity in all transactions and sharing of data knowledge
As Fujitsu expands services and functionality for its new Web3 platform from March 2023, it further plans to hold a global planning and development contest to build and implement DAO communities and create new Web3 services.
Comments from participants in Fujitsu Accelerator Program for CaaS & users of Web3 Acceleration Platform:
Yoshito Sudo, Founder and CEO of TC3 K.K.:
-"We are excited about the launch of the Fujitsu Web3 Acceleration Platform. Our company helps enterprises to build digital products and AI engines by working with global Gig Economies. By participating in the Fujitsu Web3 Acceleration Platform, we plan to prototype Web3 application services and DAO community services. With this initiative, we believe that we can promote our vision of "Gig Innovated," a world in which we can achieve innovation with Gig Economy (8)."
Hiroyoshi Miwa, Vice President of Kwansei Gakuin University & Executive Dean of Organization for Information Strategies, Japan:
-"Web3 is still in its infancy, but it has the potential to open up a whole new world. To achieve this goal, it is important not only to research and develop advanced technologies, but also to create new services. In the post COVID era, there are efforts to make use of Web3 in the field of education and research. We will also use this platform to challenge various innovative initiatives and contribute to social implementation at our institution."
Hiroya Momikura, Representative Director of Pocket RD Co., Ltd.:
-"Our company offers customers considering Web3 business a Digital Double service, which enables them to use different types of NFT (non-fungible tokens) and efficiently build their business within the upcoming one-digital wallet era. Combining this service with Fujitsu's technology for identity verification and security technologies, we aim to provide our customers with an environment in which they can conduct their business in a safer, more secure manner."
Jin Sashida, CEO of SAKURA UNITED PLATFORM PTE. LTD.:
-"Our company is operating an X-Fi platform business, which links token finance with the daily activities of existing industries and consumers, utilizing the design and operation know-how of token finance developed through GameFi (9). By combining this with Fujitsu's Web3 technology, we anticipate that we can achieve highly reliable transactions, and we will jointly examine a wide variety of use cases."
(1) CaaS: 'Fujitsu Computing as a Service', Fujitsu's portfolio of cloud services that make advanced computing technologies easily available to everyone. In addition to the conventional application in academic fields, Fujitsu will promote cutting-edge research and the enhancement of corporate competitiveness in a wide range of industries. Fujitsu CaaS was launched in Japan by the end of October 2022 and is scheduled to be rolled out globally step-by-step starting in fiscal 2023. [www.acnnewswire.com/press-release/english/78745/]
(2) 'Fujitsu Computing as a Service Data e-TRUST' (Data e-TRUST): New trust service function of CaaS featuring with Fujitsu's IDYX and Chain Data Lineage technologies for secure data distribution and utilization. Provides advanced data security and ensures the authenticity and security of data distribution between different systems and services. First launched in October 2022 to the Japanese market. [www.acnnewswire.com/press-release/english/78592/]
(3) IDentitY eXchange (IDYX): Technology developed by Fujitsu to securely distribute personal identities (such as IDs and attribute information) among companies and individual users.
"Fujitsu Develops Digital Identity Technology to Evaluate Trustworthiness in Online Transactions" (press release, July 4, 2019) [www.acnnewswire.com/press-release/english/52850/]
(4) Chain Data Lineage: Technology developed by Fujitsu to trace the distribution process and processing of data and goods back to their origin. Technology to improve the reliability of data distribution across industries by guaranteeing the end-to-end traceability of data and goods across organizations.
"Fujitsu Develops Technology to Improve Reliability of Data Distribution across Industries" (press release, September 20, 2018) [www.acnnewswire.com/press-release/english/46426/]
(5) Transparent trust transfer technology: Technology that assists users in transparently granting and verifying digital signatures when using different services.
"JCB, JP GAMES and Fujitsu launch joint project to strengthen digital data rights management in the metaverse and gaming world" (press release, August 23, 2022) [www.acnnewswire.com/press-release/english/77292/].
(6) ConnectionChain: Technology developed by Fujitsu to interconnect different blockchains and ecosystems securely using blockchain technology.
"Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains" (press release, November 15, 2017)[www.acnnewswire.com/press-release/english/39707/]
(7) Fujitsu Accelerator Program for CaaS: Global partner program that aims to provide prompt solutions to societal issues by co-creating new use cases on CaaS with innovative startups in Japan and overseas. As a "Fujitsu Accelerator Program for CaaS Co-Creation Partner", participating startups will receive free use of CaaS, dedicated engineer support and training, and various benefits related to use case creation through joint development.
(8) Gig economy: A work style in which temporary jobs are contracted out through the Internet, and an economic form formed by such a work style.
(9) GameFi: A combination of "Game" and "Finance"; users can earn economic value, or real world money, by playing for valuable cryptocurrencies and NFTs.
- Fujitsu Computing as a Service (CaaS): www.fujitsu.com/global/services/caas/
- Data e-TRUST: www.fujitsu.com/global/services/caas/data-e-trust/
- "Fujitsu launches 'Fujitsu Computing as a Service (CaaS)' in Japan, new global co-creation partner program" (press release, October 25, 2022) www.acnnewswire.com/press-release/english/78592/
Fujitsu's purpose is to make the world more sustainable by building trust in society through innovation. As the digital transformation partner of choice for customers in over 100 countries, our 124,000 employees work to resolve some of the greatest challenges facing humanity. Our range of services and solutions draw on five key technologies: Computing, Networks, AI, Data & Security, and Converging Technologies, which we bring together to deliver sustainability transformation. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 3.6 trillion yen (US$32 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2022 and remains the top digital services company in Japan by market share. Find out more: www.fujitsu.com.
Public and Investor Relations Division
Source: Fujitsu Ltd
Sectors: Media & Marketing, Retail & eCommerce, Cloud & Enterprise, Blockchain Technology, Digitalization, Startups, Metaverse, Games
Copyright ©2023 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Japan Corporate News Network.
More Latest Release >>
DENSO Announces Organizational and Executive Changes
Dec 04, 2023 18:12 JST
All-New Triton Earns Top Rating in 2023 ASEAN NCAP
Dec 04, 2023 17:07 JST
Fujitsu and KDDI Research successfully implement large-capacity multiband wavelength multiplexing transmission with installed optical fiber
Dec 04, 2023 10:34 JST
GC Collaborates with MHI to explore the utilization of hydrogen, ammonia and CCS technology to develop a large-scale petrochemical plant to achieve Net Zero
Dec 01, 2023 17:22 JST
NEC named among IAM's 2023 Asia IP Elite
Dec 01, 2023 14:50 JST
Eisai's Sales Subsidiary Collaborates with Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) in Thailand
Nov 30, 2023 16:25 JST
Boosting Growth Investment to Power Mobility Company Transformation Toyota-DENSO Capital Ties Revised
Nov 30, 2023 16:17 JST
Olympus's Net-Zero Targets Approved by SBTi
Nov 30, 2023 11:00 JST
Fujitsu and Macquarie University establish new research lab to accelerate development of human sensing and generative AI technologies
Nov 30, 2023 09:34 JST
NEC X and Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator (ERA) Forge Strategic Partnership to Advance East Coast-based Startups
Nov 29, 2023 18:37 JST
MHI Selected as Core Company for New Research Reactor for JAEA
Nov 29, 2023 18:22 JST
Toyota: Sales, Production, and Export Results for October 2023
Nov 29, 2023 16:17 JST
Toyota Re-introduces the Land Cruiser "70" in Japan
Nov 29, 2023 13:30 JST
Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Holds Christening and Handover Ceremony in Shimonoseki for Demonstration Test Ship for Liquefied CO2 Transport
Nov 28, 2023 17:47 JST
Hitachi awarded Sustainable Markets Initiative 2023 Terra Carta Seal
Nov 28, 2023 17:43 JST
MHI Succeeded Combustion Test of Ammonia Single-Fuel Burners
Nov 28, 2023 16:40 JST
JCB partners with FrenchSys to boost card acceptance across France
Nov 28, 2023 12:00 JST
Toyota Launches IMV 0 in Thailand Providing Mobility to Make People's Lives Better through Customizability
Nov 27, 2023 17:30 JST
MHI and Orica Announce Collaboration to Explore Emissions Reduction Opportunities
Nov 27, 2023 15:29 JST
Mitsubishi Motors to Launch the New Minicab EV Electric Commercial Vehicle in Japan in December
Nov 24, 2023 16:32 JST