CONNECT WITH US:
Feb, 07 2019 15:30 JST
Sanofi delivers 2018 business EPS growth of 5.1% at CER
PARIS, FRANCE, Feb, 07 2019 - (ACN Newswire) - Sanofi announced the 2018 fourth-quarter and full-year results.
Fourth-quarter sales growth driven by Specialty Care and Vaccines
- Net sales were EUR8,997 million, an increase of 3.5% on a reported basis, 3.9% at CER and 2.6% at CER/CS.
- Sanofi Genzyme sales were up 37.4% (16.1% at CER/CS), led by Immunology and Rare Blood Disorder franchises.
- Vaccines sales increased 9.7%, driven by successful influenza differentiation strategy and Menactra(R).
- CHC sales increased 1.9%, supported by Emerging Markets.
- DCV GBU sales were down 11.3%; Global Diabetes franchise sales declined 10.5% in line with 2015-2018 guidance.
- Emerging Markets sales were up 6.0%, reflecting strong performance in Asia.
Full-Year 2018 sales growth from new products and Emerging markets more than offset impact of U.S. LoEs
- Net sales in 2018 were EUR34,463 million, down 1.7% on a reported basis and grew 2.5% at CER (up 0.6% at CER/CS).
- Sanofi Genzyme grew 30.8% (+14.2% at CER/CS) to EUR7,226 million.
- Vaccines sales increased 2.4% to EUR5,118 million while CHC sales were up 3.0% to EUR4,660 million.
- DCV GBU sales declined 13.8% to EUR4,511 million.
- Emerging Markets sales were up 7.5%, supported by strong performance in China (up 12.7%).
Sanofi delivers 2018 business EPS at the high end of its guidance range
- Q4 2018 business EPS up 4.7% at CER to EUR1.10.
- Full-Year 2018 business EPS of EUR5.47 up 5.1% at CER and IFRS EPS of EUR3.45 (down 48.5%).
- Board proposes dividend of EUR3.07, the 25th consecutive increase in dividend.
Key achievements in sustaining innovation in R&D
- Isatuximab met primary endpoint of ICARIA phase 3 study in Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma.
- BIVV001 demonstrated sustained high factor levels at once-weekly dosing with data presented at ASH.
- FDA Priority Review granted for Dupixent(R) in adolescents with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis.
- R&D strategy evolves towards prioritization of Specialty Care and Vaccines, leveraging technology platforms and data science.
2019 financial outlook
- Sanofi expects 2019 business EPS to grow between 3% and 5% at CER, barring unforeseen major adverse events. Applying average January 2019 exchange rates, the positive currency impact on 2019 business EPS is estimated to be between 1% to 2%.
Sanofi Chief Executive Officer, Olivier Brandicourt, commented:
"In the fourth quarter, we continued the momentum of the previous quarter and we delivered 5% full-year business EPS growth, at the high end of our guidance. In 2018, we executed on important launches including Dupixent(R), Libtayo(R) and Cablivi(R), as the headwinds from our U.S. LoEs began to moderate. Additionally, the acquisitions of Bioverativ and Ablynx provided the foundation to build a leading Rare Blood Disorder franchise and to enhance our biologic discovery capabilities. As we enter 2019, our focus remains on delivering our business priorities and transforming Sanofi to address the evolving business dynamics facing our industry."
Q4 2018 Results:
+33 1 53 77 45 45
+33 1 53 77 46 46
Mobile app: SANOFI IR available on the App Store and Google Play
Sectors: Science & Research, BioTech, HealthCare
Copyright ©2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
Toyota's New Hiace Series for Overseas Markets Debuts in Philippines
Feb 18, 2019 15:03 JST
Fujitsu Receives Order for Massively Parallel Supercomputer System from The University of Tokyo
Feb 18, 2019 11:24 JST
Tanak and the Toyota Yaris WRC triumph in Sweden
Feb 18, 2019 09:36 JST
NTT DOCOMO Ventures Invests in Lovegraph Photographer-dispatch Service
Feb 15, 2019 16:50 JST
Mitsubishi Motor's New Delica D:5 All-round Minivan Goes on Sale
Feb 15, 2019 14:12 JST
Mitsubishi Corporation to Invest in UK Energy Technology Company OVO Group
Feb 15, 2019 10:59 JST
Mitsubishi Motors Helps Build New Elementary School Building in the Philippines
Feb 14, 2019 21:35 JST
Showa Denko Announces 2018 Consolidated Financial Results
Feb 14, 2019 15:00 JST
SDK Records Impairment Loss (Extraordinary Loss)
Feb 14, 2019 15:00 JST
Mitsubishi Motors to Globally Unveil 2020 ASX Compact SUV at Geneva International Motor Show
Feb 13, 2019 19:59 JST
Fujitsu Launches "Healthcare Personal service Platform" to Manage Health and Medical Information
Feb 13, 2019 18:01 JST
MHPS Is Global Market Share Leader in 2018 for Heavy Duty Gas Turbines by McCoy Reports
Feb 13, 2019 15:05 JST
Eisai Submits Application in Europe Seeking Approval for Fycompa as Treatment for Pediatric Patients With Epilepsy
Feb 13, 2019 09:29 JST
NEC Provides Traffic Management Solution to Serbia's Largest Mobile Telecommunications Carrier
Feb 12, 2019 17:06 JST
MHI: Six More Cars to be Delivered for "New Shuttle" AGT Line in Saitama
Feb 12, 2019 12:35 JST
Sapporo Medical University and Fujitsu in Joint R&D for Diabetes Treatment that Uses AI-based Machine Learning
Feb 12, 2019 11:50 JST
App Square: Enjoy the blockchain DApp 'store' on Infinito Wallet, version 2.4
Feb 11, 2019 15:00 JST
Fundamental Technology to Support the Early Diagnosis of Neurodevelopmental Disorders from Brain Response at First Medication
Feb 11, 2019 07:10 JST
The A.Ka Project : A collaboration of Japanese craftsmen creating extraordinary quality traditional red underwear!
Feb 09, 2019 14:00 JST
TOYOTA GAZOO Racing sets sights on Swedish snow success
Feb 08, 2019 19:55 JST
More Latest Release >>
Sanofi Delivers 2017 Business EPS in line with Guidance
February 07 2018 15:00 JST
Sanofi to Acquire Bioverativ for $11.6 Billion
January 22 2018 14:00 JST
Sanofi: Appellate Court Orders a New Trial and Vacates Permanent Injunction in Ongoing Patent Case Regarding Praluent(R) (alirocumab)
October 06 2017 08:00 JST
A*STAR, NUS and NUH Join Forces to Understand Immune Erosion in Elderly
February 13 2014 11:30 JST
More Press release >>