CONNECT WITH US:
Feb, 07 2019 15:30 JST
Sanofi delivers 2018 business EPS growth of 5.1% at CER
PARIS, FRANCE, Feb, 07 2019 - (ACN Newswire) - Sanofi announced the 2018 fourth-quarter and full-year results.
Fourth-quarter sales growth driven by Specialty Care and Vaccines
- Net sales were EUR8,997 million, an increase of 3.5% on a reported basis, 3.9% at CER and 2.6% at CER/CS.
- Sanofi Genzyme sales were up 37.4% (16.1% at CER/CS), led by Immunology and Rare Blood Disorder franchises.
- Vaccines sales increased 9.7%, driven by successful influenza differentiation strategy and Menactra(R).
- CHC sales increased 1.9%, supported by Emerging Markets.
- DCV GBU sales were down 11.3%; Global Diabetes franchise sales declined 10.5% in line with 2015-2018 guidance.
- Emerging Markets sales were up 6.0%, reflecting strong performance in Asia.
Full-Year 2018 sales growth from new products and Emerging markets more than offset impact of U.S. LoEs
- Net sales in 2018 were EUR34,463 million, down 1.7% on a reported basis and grew 2.5% at CER (up 0.6% at CER/CS).
- Sanofi Genzyme grew 30.8% (+14.2% at CER/CS) to EUR7,226 million.
- Vaccines sales increased 2.4% to EUR5,118 million while CHC sales were up 3.0% to EUR4,660 million.
- DCV GBU sales declined 13.8% to EUR4,511 million.
- Emerging Markets sales were up 7.5%, supported by strong performance in China (up 12.7%).
Sanofi delivers 2018 business EPS at the high end of its guidance range
- Q4 2018 business EPS up 4.7% at CER to EUR1.10.
- Full-Year 2018 business EPS of EUR5.47 up 5.1% at CER and IFRS EPS of EUR3.45 (down 48.5%).
- Board proposes dividend of EUR3.07, the 25th consecutive increase in dividend.
Key achievements in sustaining innovation in R&D
- Isatuximab met primary endpoint of ICARIA phase 3 study in Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma.
- BIVV001 demonstrated sustained high factor levels at once-weekly dosing with data presented at ASH.
- FDA Priority Review granted for Dupixent(R) in adolescents with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis.
- R&D strategy evolves towards prioritization of Specialty Care and Vaccines, leveraging technology platforms and data science.
2019 financial outlook
- Sanofi expects 2019 business EPS to grow between 3% and 5% at CER, barring unforeseen major adverse events. Applying average January 2019 exchange rates, the positive currency impact on 2019 business EPS is estimated to be between 1% to 2%.
Sanofi Chief Executive Officer, Olivier Brandicourt, commented:
"In the fourth quarter, we continued the momentum of the previous quarter and we delivered 5% full-year business EPS growth, at the high end of our guidance. In 2018, we executed on important launches including Dupixent(R), Libtayo(R) and Cablivi(R), as the headwinds from our U.S. LoEs began to moderate. Additionally, the acquisitions of Bioverativ and Ablynx provided the foundation to build a leading Rare Blood Disorder franchise and to enhance our biologic discovery capabilities. As we enter 2019, our focus remains on delivering our business priorities and transforming Sanofi to address the evolving business dynamics facing our industry."
Q4 2018 Results:
+33 1 53 77 45 45
+33 1 53 77 46 46
Mobile app: SANOFI IR available on the App Store and Google Play
Sectors: Science & Research, BioTech, HealthCare
Copyright ©2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems
Aug 21, 2019 11:24 JST
NEC to Install More than 20MW of Municipal Energy Storage Projects in New England
Aug 21, 2019 11:01 JST
Fernando Alonso Keeps an Eye on Dakar with TOYOTA GAZOO Racing
Aug 20, 2019 17:06 JST
MHIEC Receives Order to Refurbish the Hiroshima Naka Waste to Energy Plant
Aug 20, 2019 11:10 JST
New Combustor Center for Manufacturing Aero Engine Parts to be Established within MHI's Nagasaki Shipyard & Machinery Works
Aug 19, 2019 12:49 JST
Toyota Yaris WRC Ready to Master the Varied Roads of Germany
Aug 16, 2019 20:13 JST
Fujitsu Develops AI Disaster Mitigation Technology to Predict River Flooding with Limited Data
Aug 16, 2019 14:15 JST
ULVAC Launches Revolutionary PZT Piezoelectric Thin-film Process Technology and HVM Solution for MEMS Sensors/Actuators
Aug 16, 2019 14:00 JST
Honda Announces Changes in Production Operations in Argentina
Aug 14, 2019 09:04 JST
The HondaJet is the Most Delivered Aircraft in its Class for the First Half of 2019
Aug 13, 2019 10:47 JST
Notice of Signing Basic Agreements for Airport Operation of the Seven Airports in Hokkaido
Aug 09, 2019 17:05 JST
MHI Developing the QoEn Index for Energy Infrastructure to Support the Sustainable Growth of Society
Aug 09, 2019 14:04 JST
Fujitsu Initiates Year-Round Recruitment
Aug 09, 2019 11:27 JST
Mitsubishi Motors to Introduce its Customers to a New Energy Plan by MC Retail Energy
Aug 08, 2019 19:20 JST
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Joins Google Cloud Partner Program
Aug 08, 2019 09:00 JST
SDK Revises 2019 Consolidated Performance Forecast
Aug 07, 2019 16:05 JST
Showa Denko Announces 2019 2Q Consolidated Financial Results
Aug 07, 2019 16:00 JST
Toyota and Preferred Networks to Begin Joint Development on Service Robots that Cater to Market Needs
Aug 07, 2019 15:03 JST
Lexus International Releases 2019 Mid-Year Sales Report
Aug 07, 2019 14:12 JST
The HondaJet Elite Obtains Chinese Type Certification
Aug 06, 2019 16:04 JST
More Latest Release >>
Sanofi delivers strong Q1 2019 business EPS growth of 9.4% at CER
April 26 2019 13:30 JST
Sanofi Delivers 2017 Business EPS in line with Guidance
February 07 2018 15:00 JST
Sanofi to Acquire Bioverativ for $11.6 Billion
January 22 2018 14:00 JST
Sanofi: Appellate Court Orders a New Trial and Vacates Permanent Injunction in Ongoing Patent Case Regarding Praluent(R) (alirocumab)
October 06 2017 08:00 JST
A*STAR, NUS and NUH Join Forces to Understand Immune Erosion in Elderly
February 13 2014 11:30 JST
More Press release >>