CONNECT WITH US:
Feb, 07 2019 15:30 JST
Sanofi delivers 2018 business EPS growth of 5.1% at CER
PARIS, FRANCE, Feb, 07 2019 - (ACN Newswire) - Sanofi announced the 2018 fourth-quarter and full-year results.
Fourth-quarter sales growth driven by Specialty Care and Vaccines
- Net sales were EUR8,997 million, an increase of 3.5% on a reported basis, 3.9% at CER and 2.6% at CER/CS.
- Sanofi Genzyme sales were up 37.4% (16.1% at CER/CS), led by Immunology and Rare Blood Disorder franchises.
- Vaccines sales increased 9.7%, driven by successful influenza differentiation strategy and Menactra(R).
- CHC sales increased 1.9%, supported by Emerging Markets.
- DCV GBU sales were down 11.3%; Global Diabetes franchise sales declined 10.5% in line with 2015-2018 guidance.
- Emerging Markets sales were up 6.0%, reflecting strong performance in Asia.
Full-Year 2018 sales growth from new products and Emerging markets more than offset impact of U.S. LoEs
- Net sales in 2018 were EUR34,463 million, down 1.7% on a reported basis and grew 2.5% at CER (up 0.6% at CER/CS).
- Sanofi Genzyme grew 30.8% (+14.2% at CER/CS) to EUR7,226 million.
- Vaccines sales increased 2.4% to EUR5,118 million while CHC sales were up 3.0% to EUR4,660 million.
- DCV GBU sales declined 13.8% to EUR4,511 million.
- Emerging Markets sales were up 7.5%, supported by strong performance in China (up 12.7%).
Sanofi delivers 2018 business EPS at the high end of its guidance range
- Q4 2018 business EPS up 4.7% at CER to EUR1.10.
- Full-Year 2018 business EPS of EUR5.47 up 5.1% at CER and IFRS EPS of EUR3.45 (down 48.5%).
- Board proposes dividend of EUR3.07, the 25th consecutive increase in dividend.
Key achievements in sustaining innovation in R&D
- Isatuximab met primary endpoint of ICARIA phase 3 study in Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma.
- BIVV001 demonstrated sustained high factor levels at once-weekly dosing with data presented at ASH.
- FDA Priority Review granted for Dupixent(R) in adolescents with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis.
- R&D strategy evolves towards prioritization of Specialty Care and Vaccines, leveraging technology platforms and data science.
2019 financial outlook
- Sanofi expects 2019 business EPS to grow between 3% and 5% at CER, barring unforeseen major adverse events. Applying average January 2019 exchange rates, the positive currency impact on 2019 business EPS is estimated to be between 1% to 2%.
Sanofi Chief Executive Officer, Olivier Brandicourt, commented:
"In the fourth quarter, we continued the momentum of the previous quarter and we delivered 5% full-year business EPS growth, at the high end of our guidance. In 2018, we executed on important launches including Dupixent(R), Libtayo(R) and Cablivi(R), as the headwinds from our U.S. LoEs began to moderate. Additionally, the acquisitions of Bioverativ and Ablynx provided the foundation to build a leading Rare Blood Disorder franchise and to enhance our biologic discovery capabilities. As we enter 2019, our focus remains on delivering our business priorities and transforming Sanofi to address the evolving business dynamics facing our industry."
Q4 2018 Results:
+33 1 53 77 45 45
+33 1 53 77 46 46
Mobile app: SANOFI IR available on the App Store and Google Play
Sectors: Science & Research, BioTech, HealthCare
Copyright ©2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
Eisai to Present Latest Data on Lemborexant and Perampanel at Annual American Academy of Neurology Meeting
Apr 24, 2019 17:53 JST
NEC Accelerates Services Business Leveraging Network Strengths Under the New Brand "NEC Smart Connectivity"
Apr 24, 2019 13:06 JST
Fujitsu Contributes to Achievement of SDGs, Resolution of Challenges Surrounding Climate Change, Resource Management
Apr 24, 2019 11:44 JST
Hitachi Agrees to Acquire JR Automation, a Robotic System Integrator in the US
Apr 24, 2019 11:28 JST
Eisai Selected as Competitive ICT Strategy Company for 2019
Apr 24, 2019 09:36 JST
Fujitsu Named "Competitive IT Strategy Company" for 2019
Apr 23, 2019 15:58 JST
Hitachi Receives Order for Two Voltage-Sourced Frequency Converters for Chubu Electric Power Higashi Shimizu Substation
Apr 23, 2019 15:43 JST
Showa Denko Starts Service to Measure Performance of Noxious-GHG Removal Equipment
Apr 23, 2019 13:00 JST
Toyota: The Future of Zero-Emission Trucking Takes Another Leap Forward
Apr 23, 2019 09:00 JST
Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Holds Christening Ceremony for Next-Generation LNG Carrier "Diamond Gas Sakura"
Apr 22, 2019 15:10 JST
Network International and JCB enable JCB Contactless acceptance in the United Arab Emirates
Apr 22, 2019 15:00 JST
Toyota Establishes Joint Research Institute with China's Tsinghua University
Apr 22, 2019 11:20 JST
Fujitsu to Introduce Sustainable Ingredients to Employee Cafeterias on Ongoing Basis
Apr 22, 2019 11:08 JST
TOYOTA GAZOO Racing Eyes South American Gravel Glory
Apr 19, 2019 17:30 JST
Toyota, DENSO and SoftBank Vision Fund to Invest $1 Billion in Uber's Advanced Technologies Group
Apr 19, 2019 09:35 JST
DOCOMO, DOCOMO USA and ITOCHU Logistics to trial IoT Fleet Management solution in US
Apr 18, 2019 16:52 JST
MHI Thermal Systems Develops Demonstration Unit of the World's First Small-Capacity Residential Air-Conditioner Adopting the Low-GWP R454C Refrigerant
Apr 18, 2019 14:38 JST
Fujitsu to Hold Fujitsu Forum 2019
Apr 18, 2019 11:57 JST
Mazda Announces Start of US Pre-Orders for Diesel-Powered Mazda CX-5 at New York International Auto Show
Apr 18, 2019 11:30 JST
Nagasaki University and NEC Establish Program on Global Health & Biometric Authentication
Apr 18, 2019 09:36 JST
More Latest Release >>
Sanofi Delivers 2017 Business EPS in line with Guidance
February 07 2018 15:00 JST
Sanofi to Acquire Bioverativ for $11.6 Billion
January 22 2018 14:00 JST
Sanofi: Appellate Court Orders a New Trial and Vacates Permanent Injunction in Ongoing Patent Case Regarding Praluent(R) (alirocumab)
October 06 2017 08:00 JST
A*STAR, NUS and NUH Join Forces to Understand Immune Erosion in Elderly
February 13 2014 11:30 JST
More Press release >>