TANAKA Memorial Foundation to Offer Precious Metals Research Grants of up to 5 million Yen; Applications for research projects open on September 2
- Applications for research and development themes related to new technologies to which precious metals can contribute to and the practical application of products close on November 29
TOKYO, Sep, 02 2019 - (JCN Newswire) - The TANAKA Memorial Foundation (Representative Director: Hideya Okamoto) announced that it will take applications for research themes for FY2019 Precious Metals Research Grants between September 2 (Mon) and November 29 (Fri). Applications will be accepted from Japanese educational institutions and public research institutes conducting research and development using precious metals. In this 21st year of the research grant, recipients will receive up to 5 million yen for the Platinum Award, 2 million yen for the Gold Award, 1 million yen for the Silver Award, 1 million yen for the Young Researcher Award, and 300,000 yen for the Encouragement Award.
Applications for the Precious Metals Research Grants are open to themes in all fields related to new technology, and research and development in which precious metals can make a contribution. Applications can be submitted through the application form on the TANAKA Memorial Foundation website (https://tanaka-foundation.or.jp) and, after strict examination, award recipients will be announced at the end of March 2020.
The TANAKA Memorial Foundation aims to contribute to the development and cultivation of new fields for precious metals, and to the development of science, technology and the social economy, by conducting activities that enable more people to experience a prosperous society. This program is being implemented as part of activities to support the various challenges faced in the "new world opened up by precious metals." Last year, research on an iridium oxide microelectrode that is expected to contribute to the medical field and a CoPt-based nanocomposite material that is expected to contribute to the further advancement of information processing and communications were awarded the Gold Award. TANAKA looks forward to seeing the passionate research of applicants.
Overview of the 2019 Precious Metals Research Grants
- Themes that involve any of the following: new technologies to which precious metals can make a contribution, research related to precious metals that will bring innovative evolution to products, or research and development of new products using precious metals
- Platinum Award: 5 million yen (1 award)
- Gold Award: 2 million yen (1 award)
- Silver Awards: 1 million yen (4 awards)
- Young Researcher Awards: 1 million yen (2 awards)
- Encouragement Award: 300,000 yen (several awards)
* The grant amount is treated as a scholarship donation.
* Awards may not be granted in some cases.
* The number of awards is subject to change.
- Personnel who belong to (or work for) educational institutions in Japan (universities, graduate schools, or technical colleges), or public and related research institutions.
* As long as the applicant is affiliated with a research institution in Japan, the base of activity can be in Japan or overseas.
* The Young Researcher Awards are for researchers under the age of 37 as of April 1, 2019.
- 9am, September 2, 2019 (Mon) - 5pm, November 29, 2019 (Fri)
- Enter the required information on the application form available on the TANAKA Memorial Foundation website (https://tanaka-foundation.or.jp) and upload details of the research (papers and supplementary material on the theme).
- Results will be announced on the TANAKA Memorial Foundation website around the end of March 2020.
* TANAKA will contact the award recipients directly.
Research content that falls under any of the following
- New technology related to precious metals.
- Research and development related to precious metals that bring about innovative evolution in products.
- Research and development of new products using precious metals.
* Precious metal refers to eight elements of platinum, gold, silver, palladium, rhodium, iridium, ruthenium and osmium.
* If development is conducted jointly (or planned to be) with other material manufacturers, please indicate so.
* Products that have already been commercialized, put to practical use, or that are planned are not eligible.
Inquiries concerning the research grant program:
Precious Metals Research Grants Office
Marketing Department, TANAKA Kikinzoku Kogyo K.K.
22F Tokyo Building, 2-7-3 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6422
TEL: 03-6311-5596 FAX: 03-6311-5529 E-mail: [email protected]
TANAKA Memorial Foundation website: http://tanaka-foundation.or.jp
Press release: http://www.acnnewswire.com/clientreports/598/1909_EN.pdf
TANAKA Memorial Foundation
Established: April 1, 2015
Address: 22F Tokyo Building, 2-7-3 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Representative: Hideya Okamoto (Senior Advisor to TANAKA Holdings Co., Ltd.)
Purpose of Business: To provide grants for research related to precious metals to contribute to the development and cultivation of new fields for precious metals, and to the development of science, technology, and the social economy.
Areas of Business: Provision of grants for scientific and technological research related to precious metals. Recognition of excellent analysis of precious metals and holding of seminars and other events.
TANAKA Kikinzoku Kogyo K.K.
Headquarters: 22F, Tokyo Building, 2-7-3 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Representative: Akira Tanae, Representative Director & CEO
Capital: 500 million yen
Employees: 2,332 (as of March 31, 2019)
Sales: 765,869.423 million yen (FY 2018)
Main businesses: Manufacture, sales, import and export of precious metals (platinum, gold, silver, and others) and various types of industrial precious metals products.
TANAKA Holdings Co., Ltd.
Source: Tanaka Memorial Foundation
Copyright ©2019 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Japan Corporate News Network.
More Latest Release >>
Eisai and Meiji Announce Parkinson's Disease Treatment Equfina Tablets (Safinamide Mesilate) Approved In Japan
Sep 20, 2019 16:13 JST
MHIENG Completes Large-Scale Polyethylene Production Train for ExxonMobil in Beaumont, Texas
Sep 20, 2019 16:05 JST
Toyota to Hold 30th Toyota Automobile Museum Classic Car Festival in Japan
Sep 20, 2019 16:02 JST
Cumulative Global Sales of the Toyota Land Cruiser Series Surpass 10 Million Units
Sep 20, 2019 15:55 JST
The Honda Prize 2019 Awarded to Dr. Geoffrey Hinton, Professor Emeritus, the University of Toronto and Chief Scientific Adviser, Vector Institute
Sep 20, 2019 15:48 JST
Fujitsu and PeptiDream Leverage Quantum-Inspired Tech in Joint Research to Accelerate Drug Discovery
Sep 20, 2019 12:03 JST
Hitachi: Chaskey Message Authentication Technology Developed for IoT Systems Supporting Key Infrastructure Adopted by ISO/IEC for Lightweight Cryptography
Sep 20, 2019 11:05 JST
Eisai's Promotion and Distribution Agreement with Mylan India for Eribulin Second Brand in India
Sep 20, 2019 09:40 JST
Honda's Cumulative Worldwide Power Products Production Reaches 150 million Units
Sep 19, 2019 20:20 JST
Eisai to Present Latest Data on Lemborexant at World Sleep Congress
Sep 19, 2019 20:06 JST
Toyota to Invest R$1 Billion in its Plant in Brazil to Produce New Vehicle
Sep 19, 2019 14:11 JST
Fujitsu Launches IoT Measuring device for more efficient measurements in the Apparel Industry
Sep 19, 2019 11:41 JST
Eisai Selected for Membership in Dow Jones Sustainability Asia Pacific Index 2019
Sep 18, 2019 21:40 JST
Mitsubishi Motors Hosts World Debuts of Small Electric SUV Concept Car at 46th Tokyo Motor Show 2019
Sep 18, 2019 21:31 JST
KDDI Joins Merpay, LINE Pay, and NTT DOCOMO's Merchant Alliance "Mobile Payment Alliance (MoPA)"
Sep 18, 2019 21:19 JST
DOCOMO to Commence Deployment of World's First 4G/5G Multi-vendor Radio Access Network Conforming to O-RAN Specifications
Sep 18, 2019 15:12 JST
FDA Approves LENVIMA (lenvatinib) Plus KEYTRUDA (pembrolizumab) Combination Treatment for Patients with Certain Types of Endometrial Carcinoma
Sep 18, 2019 14:58 JST
MHI-MME to Take Over Production of MET Turbochargers
Sep 18, 2019 14:46 JST
KAHRAMAA, QEWC and MHPS Sign MOU on Internship Program for Young Qatari Engineers
Sep 18, 2019 14:41 JST
Toyota Installs Stationary Fuel Cell Generator Based on the Mirai FC System at its Honsha Plant in Japan
Sep 18, 2019 13:34 JST